B5.5 Passat TDI battery upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5.5 Passat TDI battery upgrade

So I need a new battery in my Passat. I learned from Benjamin that the battery tray in the B5.5 is big enough for a larger OEM battery and there is a mounting hole for for the battery mount to hold the larger battery in place. Picked up the new battery and got the OEM mount from Natty. Super simple upgrade. Looks like the way to go for any B5.5 tdi. Will do the swap tomorrow.

DIY is here:
    http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=268040
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: B5.5 Passat TDI battery upgrade

Nice work. When I replaced the battery in my A4 I wondered why there was so much extra space on the tray, made me wonder if I had the correct battery.

Comment

Re: B5.5 Passat TDI battery upgrade

Got the 80Ah battery in. Fits just fine. Also plugged a 12v charger in to the lighter plug while the battery was removed to hold the radio, time, ecu states. I've never bothered doing this before but it was convenient to not have to re-set anything/enter radio code.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
      X