Volkswagen MK7 Golf Alltrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen MK7 Golf Alltrack

Volkswagen has expanded the Golf model range with the addition of the more rugged Alltrack version.

The fifth variant of the Golf lineup is positioned between the estate and the VW Tiguan. The model brings a +20mm increased ride height and restyled bumpers with plastic and aluminum protection plates. Notable changes are also the new roof rails and bigger alloy wheels.

First the Golf Alltrack will be launched with four turbocharged engines, all mated to a four-wheel drive 4Motion system with an electronic front differential lock as standard. Available will be a 1.8-liter TSI petrol unit with 177 bhp (132 kW) that accelerates the vehicle from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 7.8 seconds.

Next is a compact diesel engine – a 1.6 TDI with 108 bhp (80 kW) and 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) sprint in 12.1 seconds. The range-topping 2.0 TDI comes in two states of tune - with 148 bhp (110 kW) and with 181 bhp (135 kW).

Set to be fully revealed during the Paris Motor Show, the Golf Alltrack will go on sale in mid-2015 with prices starting at around 23,000 pounds (29,300 EUR).

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen MK7 Golf Alltrack

vw allroad.. i could see this selling

Comment

very nice
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

sick, want!

Comment

Looks great. Would prefer Passat Alltrack for the extra space if I was given the choice... Which I haven't been.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I like it.
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

I can see i'm in the minority here as I hate it. I love the concept and the idea, however I hate the execution. I find it looks like a very ugly volvo. I dont know why, I just dont like the look of it at all.
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by Arkadious View Post
                I can see i'm in the minority here as I hate it. I love the concept and the idea, however I hate the execution. I find it looks like a very ugly volvo. I dont know why, I just dont like the look of it at all.
                If you were actually the minority, we'd have more wagons in NA..
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

love it
                  Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Not sure how well that will do in NA. We seem to lean towards SUC/CUV when wanting more space in a vehicle. I think if they used the Tiguan style front it would look much better.

Comment

Considering the cheapest awd diesel car is a bmw 328, I would look at this due to the combination of just those two things. I drive 120 km's a day most days and its hard finding a fun awd that doesn't suck gas.
                      Ben
                      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                      Her's
                      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Chatter on the Vortex says this is coming to NA in 2016

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...firmed-for-NA-!!

Comment

I just read through that thread, looking like a 2017+ model year though. Oh well still waiting to see if the crossblue happens.
                          Ben
                          2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                          2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                          2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                          Her's
                          2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Volkswagen of America has taken the wraps off the 2017 Golf Alltrack in production guise and will have it on display later this week in New York.

It was at last year’s New York Auto Show where VoA exhibited the Golf SportWagen Alltrack and now the model is revisiting the Big Apple to show its production face. Set to go on sale this fall, the Golf Alltrack (without the “SportWagen” in its name) echoes its European brother which has been available for about a year now.

Compared to a regular Golf SportWagen, the Alltrack has almost one inch more of ground clearance and adopts a slightly more rugged body. Plastic cladding and redesigned bumpers differentiate it from the standard model, and there are also bespoke 17-inch (S and SE trims) and 18-inch (SEL trim) alloy wheels. The all-wheel-drive compact wagon also has silver accents on the roof rails, matte side mirror caps, and for the front & rear underbody protection.

Stepping inside, the cabin is a little bit more upscale thanks to standard leatherette seating surfaces and there is also the option of a brown leatherette exclusive to this model. The VW Golf Alltrack gets ambient lighting, aluminum pedal covers and door sills, along with a 6.5-inch capacitive color touchscreen for the infotainment system. Buyers are also rewarded with a rearview camera and extra connectivity options through VW Car-Net App-Connect.

Power comes exclusively from the familiar turbocharged 1.8-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine delivering 170 horsepower and 199 pound-feet of torque. Initially, the engine will be linked only to a dual-clutch six-speed automatic transmission, but later on buyers will be able to get a six-speed manual as well.

Regardless of gearbox choice, the Golf Alltrack has a standard 4MOTION system with fifth-gen Haldex coupling ensuring optimal traction regardless of surface. To further improve traction on bumpy roads, there’s an “Off-Road Mode” for the Drive Mode selector which turns on the hill descent control system and also optimizes traction control for off-road surfaces.

The Alltrack version remains just as practical as the regular Golf SportWagen, so you will be able to enjoy a cargo capacity of 30.4 cubic feet with the rear seats in place. Fold the 60:40 split bench and the available space jumps to a generous 66.5 cu. ft.

There’s no word about pricing just yet, but it will be more expensive than a standard 2016 Golf SportWagen which in United States begins at $21,625 MSRP.

Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

*drool*

Comment

Working...
                              X