2014 Passat vs CC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Passat vs CC question

So aside from visible interior/exterior stuff, what are the big differences between the 2014 Passat and CC? Is it a different chassis? Suspension different? Just talking about options for a replacement for my Mom's squashed CC. Personally, I really liked the CC, but I'm not sure what features put it higher than the regular Passat. I know it is a German import as opposed to US/Mexico.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: 2014 Passat vs CC question

So I think the CC has the Audi 4 link front suspension and independant rear, and Passat has basic front and the torsion beam rear, for one difference. Anyone confirm?

*Also seems DSG is only an option on the TDI Passat and the gasser has Tip, where DSG is standard in CC.
    *Maybe the Passat does have independant rear, but no 4 link front.
    Last edited by stefan; 12-24-2014, 05:58 PM.
    Stefan
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

From what I read and saw the designers cut a lot of corners on the passat. The german made CC did not suffer this same fate, but drive one then the other and tell us. Do everything from open close doors/trunk to push the cars on the road a little

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons for doing to the passat what they did was so they could afford to make it down in the USA.
      Ben
      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
      Her's
      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

The CC is definitely the sportier car of the two and is the only one available with 4Motion last time I checked. The CC also has the same suspension setup as the MK6 last time I checked... The 2012 does at least. My dad's CC is a 2012 2.0T DSG and has enough power, however it doesn't feel as smooth as my GTI. The Passat is a noticeable bigger car on the inside, especially in the back seat, and has the available TDI. I think the 3.6 is still available in the Passat, however it's just FWD as opposed to 4Motion in the CC. The base engine in the Passat is the 1.8T now instead of the old 2.5.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

wait for the new passat it was released in europe last month i saw it in person, audi tt style dash

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
            wait for the new passat....
            Forget the just the fancy dash and just look at the other specs...that is 240hp and 370 ft-lbs torque, twin turbo with boost pressure of 55psi, and measured consumption of 47mpg (5 l/100 for a Passat-sized vehicle), routed through a 7-speed DSG transmission feeding power to a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system.

Comment

golf r tdi in the making
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

4motion is only in the exec line CC. We would be looking at sportline or highline, so Unfortunalty, 4mo isn't a factor.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I would the CC would hold it's value better over time

Comment

Well, they changed their mind significantly! New car is a Highline Passat TDI. I'll throw up some pics when I see it.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                    X