Originally posted by kujiwara
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
mk4 12v swap into mk3 (need info)
Collapse
X
-
Re: mk4 12v swap into mk3 (need info)
Yeah mines a 24v but I won't swap it out until summer... It would definitely be cool to see it in a mk3. I think the mk4 12v in a mk3 is a direct swap if you use the mk3 intake manifold.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: mk4 12v swap into mk3 (need info)
24v swap is quite a bit of work I've read. Would be awesome but not something I'd want to tackle for my first swap. Probably also would be a while before I could get the motor.Originally posted by EDOthug View PostYou should swap a b6 into it.
But for reals, you could buy kuji's motor once he's done with it. I think his is a 24v?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: mk4 12v swap into mk3 (need info)
You should swap a b6 into it.
But for reals, you could buy kuji's motor once he's done with it. I think his is a 24v?
Leave a comment:
-
mk4 12v swap into mk3 (need info)
Some of you already know this but the mk3 I recently picked up blew up on me and I ended up with a seized motor.
Highway speeds and oil not moving through the motor combined with shitty luck seem to be a bad combo!
My question to everyone is,
Can a mk4 12v be swapped in to a mk3 vr? I know the mounts are different but I'm told if you bolt up the mk3 mounts to the mk4 vr it will fit.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Will the transmission bolt up properly?
Just wondering what is involved in the swap as I know of two 12v mk4 motors for sale for good prices but, being my first swap I want to keep it as simple as possible for myself.
Any info would be awesome!
Also, if anyone knows of any relatively low km mk3 vr6s for sale let me know!Last edited by hooddub; 12-28-2014, 10:32 PM.Tags: None

Leave a comment: