Volkswagen B8 Passat Alltrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen B8 Passat Alltrack

Volkswagen has revealed the Alltrack version of the new Passat ahead of a public debut set for Geneva Motor Show early next month.

Based on the latest Passat Variant, the new Alltrack derivative comes with a 27.5 mm increased ride height and adopts a slightly more rugged design with plastic body cladding on the wheel arches and sill trims while the front and rear bumpers have a different design to improve the car's approach and departure angles when travelling on bumpy roads. Volkswagen has also installed stainless steel underbody plates to protect the car's vulnerable components.

The Passat Alltrack comes as standard with a 4MOTION on-demand all-wheel drive system which in normal road conditions channels the engine's power to the front wheels but whenever more grip is necessary the Haldex coupling kicks in and sends power to the rear axle to improve traction. The standard differential lock transfers power to whichever wheel has the most traction.

Volkswagen has also added an "Off Road" driving mode which upon activation will alter the braking input, throttle response and the hill start & descent systems to further boost the car’s grip on slippery roads.

As you would expect, the engines are sourced from the regular Passat Variant and these include a 150 HP 1.4 TSI and a 220 HP 2.0 TSI along with three 2.0 TDIs developing 150 HP, 190 HP and 240 HP. The most powerful gasoline and diesel engines come with the firm's XDS+ system capable of applying the brakes to the inside wheels during quick cornering to improve stability.

The Volkswagen Passat Alltrack will premiere in less than two weeks at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen B8 Passat Alltrack

the roofline is similar to the mk2 q7 a bit.. not bad.. not a fan of the orange color but could have potential

Comment

awd tdi wagon, sign me up!
      MKV GTI
      '73 Westfalia

Comment

Yeah if they bring this over with a diesel and awd the dealer will have my money pretty quickly...
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's
        2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

I like it. Don't even mind the colour as shown.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Make a 6 speed variant available and I will put my name down.
            2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
            Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Sign me up for a 6 speed with the 240hp TDI and R-Line package

Comment

I dig the rust color. It looks nice.
                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Looks good, wondering if it will make it to NA....

Comment

Working...
                  X