VCDS Mobile and wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCDS Mobile and wifi

I noticed that VCDS has a new version out, which is a wifi enabled device so no more cable.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-mobile/

Was thinking that maybe I could use a Type A Female/Female USD adapter and a USB micro wifi/bluetooth dongle on my normal cable for the same effect. anyone got the tree items to test?

+

+

Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM.

Re: VCDS Mobile and wifi

I actually just Emailed Ross-Tech about this ahah
    -Terry
    -2014 S4
    insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Doubt this would work. The Bluetooth dongle needs drivers and power to work with it. As does the VCDS cable. They can't just talk to each other and work
      Last edited by onceover; 04-04-2015, 10:32 PM.

Pat

His
      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I asked them if you could use A OTG cable with a android using the VCDS mobile application
        -Terry
        -2014 S4
        insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

As Pat said there would be no way to daisy chain usb and wifi dongles to get this to work. Plus the HEX-Net dongle that comes with the wifi VAG caries a license number that is read by the software in order to connect and depending on your license of the software it will lock to your ECU (or 10). If you are just looking for a wireless way to clear codes and do some basic logging there are lots of cheap wifi dongles and apps like Torque that will do it a lot cheaper. Just make sure you get one with a power switch there do seem to draw a lot of power if yo leave them plugged in.

Comment

Won't work. Most of the electronics in those dongles are powered off the 5V line from the USB.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X