1.8t VW Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.8t VW Turbo Build

got an oil drain and... yea trust me my bmw is all braided , just need the car to run and mock up everything nothings gonna look prettie yet just need it to start up and make sure there is no leaks , all my bmws lines are braided for the exact reason , that oil line burns and catches fire ... your in trouble got a return but it was to small so now im stuck waiting to grab some new lines , but mocked it up for a quick test but not gonna go for a spin ,

got sick of the tiny inter cooler after looking at how big my e30s was and had some extra turbo parts laying around also added a blow off valve idk how yall feel about that im gonna see how this things reacts running the diverter valve and the blow off valve together just a cheap ebay 1 for now but probably gonna go HKS SSQV like the bmws ,

also need someone to weld me a custom pipe for the compressor housing anyone on here that can help me out ! got most of it mocked up need an attachment literally need this car on the road by this week 2 projects doesn't work to well for me or the pops wants it out asap.

some pics we all love pics , engine looks like **** but will look clean soon!

look closely at the cracks...

need a custom pipe from the compressor housing ^ if u look i need someone to weld another pipe and have the custom flanges for the diverter valve and my catch can

i know everyones gonna troll about the return its not staying there waiting on a new return

Comment

That must have been quite the heat to crack it like that?

Comment

something went down ... my other turbo also has K04 stamped on it after taking a look but im thinking its a hybrid the turbines were messed up so im guessing it over spooled itself this turbo i purchased like that but did not pay any attention to the cracks mainly the turbine and shaft play but seals were still blown the manifold i think was cracked when i got the car as i kept smelling exhaust fumes in the cabin,
        Last edited by Turboe30; 05-07-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

finished up mostly everything and a first start up and a small rev , custom wastegate flange and location , also made the downpipe exhaust will be installed Friday hopefully as i need someone to make a flange that connects the down pipe to the rest of the exhaust also the exhaust flange on the dp , is a 2.5 since the exhaust side of the turbo is a 2.5" gonna get extended to the stock 3" magnaflow i got going on , got a gay cheap bov on there for now will get an hks one , also a cheap wastegate that worked fine on my bmw has a 12psi spring , will be getting a EMUSA wastegate as i know a few guys running them with no issues and say they work great . also gonna get a unitronic tune

after im done the exhaust its gonna be time for prep and paint and making everything look pretty

Comment

before it gets tuned wanted to take it around my block make sure it atleast hits boost welll... its not doing anything but zeroing out bypassed the n75 put it straight to the wastegate as i got a 12psi spring in and still nothing!? the atp manifold was to tight to put the wastegate under it would that be the issue to my problem as its to far from the manifold i custom made the pipe to go up there as it didn't fit and now this problem i hear the turbo spool when revved up but it seems like a dead turbo

Comment

Boost leak test.

BTW your "Borg warner big turbo upgrade" is a holset turbo from a diesel truck.
              Last edited by onceover; 07-23-2015, 01:12 PM.

Pat

His
              1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
              1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
              1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
              2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
              Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe30 View Post

I need that mod for the dash of the S4...whatever it is...

Comment

I think it is one of them DasHookah pipes from the Audi Sport catalog.

Comment

gotta keep the hooka going boys , The holset was removed ages ago ... its in my garage still i put a borg warner gm 5 which i got picture proof of LOL.

Boost leak test.

BTW your "Borg warner big turbo upgrade" is a holset turbo from a diesel truck.
                    got to busy to post up anything else but i did install a borgwarner , i got a holset hx35 in my bmw i know what a holset and a borg warner look like...

Last edited by Turboe30; 07-23-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Soak that exhaust wrap in water than wrap it as tightly and neatly as possible. It will come out a lot better and last a lot longer.
                      GT3071R and more...

Comment

Working...
                      X