Volkswagen Golf GTI Club Sport Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Golf GTI Club Sport Concept

After last week's sneak preview, Volkswagen has taken the wraps off the Golf GTI Clubsport which will receive its public debut tomorrow at the Wörthersee GTI Meeting.

Developed to celebrate the Golf GTI's 40th anniversary, the three-door Clubsport concept comes with a more aggressive body which will be virtually carried over to the production car set to arrive sometime in 2016. While the concept has 19-inch alloys, the road-going version will be downgraded to an 18-inch set and should come with a black roof combined with an Oryx White body.

The most powerful Golf GTI on sale today is the Performance version which delivers 230 PS (169 kW) from its 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged engine but the Clubsport concept has been upgraded to 265 PS (195 kW). There's also going to be an overboost function providing an extra 10% of power for a brief moment.

Power in the concept is sent to the front axle through a six-speed DSG and an electronically-controlled XDS differential while the production version could be offered with a six-speed manual transmission. Performance numbers have not been disclosed, but the Golf GTI Clubsport will obviously be significantly quicker than the Golf GTI Performance which sprints to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 6.4 seconds and tops out at an electronically-capped 155 mph (250 km/h).

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Golf GTI Club Sport Concept

Oh wow! That rear wing is nice!
    ~Stephanie~
    2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
    IG: succubusMK7

Comment

So this is going to sit between the GTI and the R32? Or the R400?

Comment

I'm a fan. Looking forward to the reveal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by MK6GolfGirl View Post
          Oh wow! That rear wing is nice!
          Not sure if sarcastic but I actually kind of like it. Reminds me of the hatch spoiler on Bryans GTI.
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Well it is just a concept but since this is not too radical from a stock GTI perhaps it could just be an option package??

I like the rear wing too!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
              Not sure if sarcastic but I actually kind of like it. Reminds me of the hatch spoiler on Bryans GTI.
              No sarcasm.. I think the wing looks great! I'd buy it if it was an aftermarket part.
              ~Stephanie~
              2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
              IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Well looks like there is a form of this doing some testing at the 'Ring!!

Blair

Comment

Nice, really like this!!!
                  Last edited by Geobmx4life; 07-07-2015, 03:33 PM.
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    Too bad its only coming in white though. Tornado Red would get my vote for a special edition GTI.
                    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Not sure if it's intentional, but I like how the black from the spoiler all the way around the rear window like a throw back to the original Mk1 GTI

Comment

sexy! I like!
                        sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                        His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                        Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                        Past:
                        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                        B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                        2004 .:R32 BMP
                        2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                        2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                        1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Very nice in red.

Comment

Production details released:

The Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport has made the transition from being a concept to a production model.

Created to celebrate the Golf GTI's 40th birthday, this new Clubsport version looks just about the same as the concept and packs an extra 35 PS (26 kW) compared to the regular Golf GTI Performance. This means VW's engineers were able to take the 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine to 265 PS (195 kW) and there's an overboost function which for around ten seconds boosts output to more than 290 PS (213 kW).

It can be had as standard with a six-speed manual gearbox and in this case the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) will take 6 seconds whereas with the optional DSG the sprint time drops by 0.1s. Regardless of gearbox choice, the Golf GTI Clubsport can reach a maximum speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) which is probably electronically limited. Those who are interested in fuel economy should know the manual version consumes 6.9 liters / 100 km which makes it 0.2 liters / 100 km thirstier than the DSG-equipped variant.

The car featured in the attached gallery is painted in Onyx White, but other hues will be available as well together with a contrasting black roof. Compared to the regular Golf GTI, it has gained sportier front & rear bumpers, new side sills, updated rear diffuser, bespoke 18-inch alloy wheels (optional 19-inch available) and a multi-part rear spoiler.

There's also a black trim stripe on the sides as a throwback to the original Golf GTI from 1976 and in this case it features Clubsport lettering. Other visual enhancements include dark red LED taillights, chrome-plated exhaust tips while the aforementioned rear diffuser has a glossy black look.

Stepping inside, the racing bucket seats are partially wrapped around in Alcantara and there are new trim strips on the instrument panel, center console and doors. Alcantara was also used for the sport steering wheel which is adorned with the GTI emblem, 12 o'clock marking and red seam while the new floor mats come with red edging. As a final touch, Volkswagen has installed stainless steel door sill plates with red GTI lettering.

The Golf GTI Clubsport will be officially introduced next week at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Blair

Comment

Very nice!
                              ~Tracy~
                              MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                              Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Working...
                              X