MK7 Golf TSi Low Speed Acceleration Wobble/Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK7 Golf TSi Low Speed Acceleration Wobble/Vibration

I cannot believe this could happen nowadays.
    VW selling a new car (with known problem) without even a test drive!
    Where is the quality control in that? Do they really care about customers?
    Were they hopping the customer will say nothing and live with it or the axle will last until the warranty is over?

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
      Just to be clear, you paid 25k for a golf, didn't like it after a few km since it had issues. The dealer agreed to let you buy a 30k gti by adding 5k and giving them back the golf, correct?
      hah 30k for gti..... you make me laugh

Comment

Seems to be closer than $40k out of the door.....

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
          Seems to be closer than $40k out of the door.....
          Didn't know the actual cost, was just guestimating.

Comment

What the hell even is this thread
            Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

I'm going to jump in on this since I'm a tech at a dealer

first of all **** happens and dealers can only do so much especially for an issue this common and I am on VW's side for this because I am sure they are working on a fix. Last time I read about this speed wobble there was an update on the TCM. That seemed to kind of work. Now to replace every axle on a car that's been mass produced this will take time. They have to test a new product before properly releasing the fix. This is common for a car manufacturer to do. Now this is probably not considered a safety concern hence why VW wouldn't release a stop of sales. For ford we release an advance notice and customers with cars affected by this concern will be notified, and I'm sure VW runs under the same principles.

The service department of every dealership takes to much heat from customers because once the car has been delivered its no longer the sales issue. I am tired to dealing with pissed off customers who have issues that are out of my control. Our fiesta/focus automatic transmissions are a prime example of a TSB that will be very similar to this axle recall. First ford cleaned the clutches and if they still produced a shutter than we were able to get approval for clutch replacement. But the clutches are back ordered 8-10 weeks because parts availability can't keep up with demand. With this axle issue, I wouldn't be surprised if VW finds a fix to just replace u-joints. Right now you can complain about it but if they order you new axles I bet they are going to be the same as the ones going into the cars now and you'll be the beautiful NFF (no fault found).

The MK7 is a great car. Don't let something like this bug you to much because you need to keep a positive outlook on it. Would you be happy with the car is this wasn't an issue?

Comment

Working...
              X