Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Build Suggestions?

Originally posted by MK4Sam View Post
    does any have a recommendation for coil overs and/or air suspension? I'm in the process of picking up a new euro and what to start planning out a build lol
    For the coilovers, it depends on what you're going for. You can go for kw/pss that will be top of the line which will be expensive but worth it. Or you can go with a completely budget coilover (fk streetline) which will only cost you a couple hundred bucks, but will not ride very good... upside is that they go super low. Or you can stick somewhere in the middle that will a good price, that rides decent.

As for air ride, you are pretty limited for the actual suspension components. Air lift is the way to go for struts/bags.

Management, again entirely up to what works for you. If you are willing to spend the money and take the time to install ride height sensors, Elevel is the way to go. If not, maybe a digital or analog set up would work best for you. There are upsides and downsides to all types of management.

Edit: What sean said. Read read and read some more.
    Last edited by Danaldson; 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I agree, a lot of work has been done through my ownership, but I do agree in making sure the car is 100% reliable before dumping cash into it. It would be the smarter choice. Thanks

Comment

ok cool! Thanks Danny

Comment

1. Maintenance! Timing chain is super important. If it hasn't been done, it'll cost you about $1000+ to get it done by a shop. While you're down there. You will want to inspect the clutch and possibly replace it. Alternatively, you may consider a totally different vehicle if this is the case.
          2. With your budget, I'd stay away from boost and air ride. I'd say keep it simple, go with ST X coils (~$800) which are mid ground. Made by KW who builds some of the best coils. Keep sway bars in mind too.
          3. Performance mods, exhaust, intake, cams, United Motorsports tune? Deletes such as AC, SAI and EGR.
          4. Wheels, this one is up to you. They come in many shapes, sizes and prices. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON OFFSET AND FITMENT.
          5. Have spare money set aside for inevitable wants for misc items such as lighting, body and interior mods.

Hope this helps a bit
          Best of luck with your car and can't wait to see progress!
          Last edited by Fizzo20; 07-01-2015, 04:12 PM.
          -Faraaz

Comment

I got the timing chain done and I just put a stage 2 clutch in.

Comment

thanks for the help and reccpmendatioms.

Comment

Every VR6 needs an exhaust system and Swiss cheese air box in its life. Also a 4motion lip and some simple textured skirts will be nice, some nice HID projectors lights and maybe a set of GLI or dual tone tails. High quality coilovers, tires will go a long way. Some interior work would be nice too since that's where you'll spend most of your time. And that's pretty much where 7500 would get you along with some major servicing to keep it on the road for the next 5 years or so. Maybe wrap the roof and some interior panels and that'll be it... Check out my build thread if you're not interested in airride or stance nation
                Last edited by kujiwara; 07-01-2015, 04:35 PM.
                Current Fleet
                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Hey thanks! yea I'm not worried about my interior since its in mint condition I have a GLI rear valance and I'm buying the 4 motion lip and GLI rear lights as well as an exhaust and air box

Comment

I'll check your build out too! thanks

Comment

Why do you need an airbox? For the cheese air box you just drill holes in it.
                      Last edited by Adcodo; 07-01-2015, 05:45 PM.
                      2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
                      2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

i honestly don't need one. the only thing I need is an exhaust system and to get rid of my lowering springs

Comment

I honestly have mixed emotions on the car, like I want to build it, but I want it gone

Comment

You sound like you'd prefer a different car to do up....sell your car, take the $7500 and buy this....amazing deal too!!!
                            http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...for-sale/page2
                            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                            X