Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough start sometimes- ECL and engine light

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new here, so apologies if someone has discussed this already. I live in Calgary, AB Canada.

Over the last week my 2010 GTI has been acting a little funny. This first started was when I was starting the car, but took a bit longer to turn over, maybe 1 or 2 seconds extra. Right after, an engine light came on. Went away after 2 days so I wasn't worried.

Then over this last week I have had the ECL light flash a couple while driving and then quickly disappear. Had another rough start and then engine died about 5 seconds after starting, started it again with no issues.

Now while driving back to work from lunch I had the ECL light flash 3 times, disappear quickly (within 5 seconds), come on again accompanied with the engine light. I just went out and started the car again with the engine light gone. Something I should be worried about? I just bought the car 2 months ago with no issues and was very well maintained by the previous owner. Car runs just fine with these lights going on with no difference in power or RPM's just seems to be finicky over something. Car is just about to hit 100,000 kms.

I'd really appreciate any help, going to drop it off tonight for the dealership to look at for tomorrow morning.

Re: Rough start sometimes- ECL and engine light

I would say plugs / coils. I have them in stock. I can change them or can supply the parts as well.

But best bet would be to scan it first to see what exactly is going on
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Re: Rough start sometimes- ECL and engine light

Start with Plugs/Coils if they haven't been done.

If it is not that, it sounds a lot like a leaky injector (pretty common). We've replaced injectors and done carbon cleaning for an A3 with almost identical issues. Give Chris or Colin (me) a call at Calgary Autoworks and we can get it sorted for you.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
      X