Lexan Headlight Covers MKIV Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexan Headlight Covers MKIV Jetta

Does anyone know if you can still pick up the factory VW lexan headlight covers? On the way back home from Calgary yesterday on QE II, took a rock to our Lexan covers and thankfully did not touch the OEM HIDs. Unfortunately, the Lexan cover on the passenger side has a nice crack in it now. I had originally sourced these in 2003 from Hillside Imports which used to import from Australia.

Thanks in advance.

David

Re: Lexan Headlight Covers MKIV Jetta

What kind of car?
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

2003 Jetta 1.8T.

Comment

Yeah they are discontinued i believe and very very rare to find. You can find the odd one on Vortex but they go for $250USD+ per pair

Comment

If it were a golf I have an extra set of brand new ones. Lol. Otherwise what Sean said- vortex
          TJ
          '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
          '01 Silver S4

Comment

Still think the thicker laminx is way better than those covers especially for the price, and looks much cleaner imo
            Current Fleet
            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
            2001 Cobra #88/3786
            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Other than glass still breaking under the laminex film lol and -1 for uniqueness
              Last edited by funkin; 07-29-2015, 12:44 AM.
              TJ
              '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
              '01 Silver S4

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                Still think the thicker laminx is way better than those covers especially for the price, and looks much cleaner imo
                It certainly is a way to cover it, not necessarily a better way to be honest. If a rock hits the glass, all that the lamin-x does is keep the shards of glass together. There isn't any physical barrier to absorb the hit and protect the glass itself...
                If you are ok with the look, the Lexan covers are the best way to go for protection. If you don't like the look, Lamin-x is the next best thing, but get a good one that is not paper thin, not too thick, and doesn't yellow at all throughout the life of it. I change my lamin-x out every season or two just for the fun of it to keep it clean looking and protecting

Comment

The Lexan cover took the rock hit perfectly as the OEM HIDs are untouched so they are ideal. I did find a member on VW Vortex out in Australia that can source them for me. They are still available in dealerships down there for the Bora. If anyone needs the contact, happy to share the information. Once you put the covers on, you barely notice them as they are clear. Have had them since 2003 so can't really complain. Hillside Imports must have been sourcing them from Australia back in the day!

Comment

Working...
                  X