Warranty Work With Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Work With Mods?

To all the guys that have newer cars with mods where do you guys go for warranty work? Any experience between dealers and finding certain dealers help you out more than others? I know this is kind of an iffy subject but some dealers would be more willing to help people out than others. Especially if you bring donuts or something for them when you drop your car off Found a thread about this from a couple years ago that says 5th ave is the choice to go to, is this still the case? or have they started being less friendly to modified cars? That thread also mentioned Northland was turning things around. Now that its been a couple years has anybody given them another shot? A lot of staff can change around over a couple years at the dealers haha. I'm looking for reviews or experiences that are fairly recent and not looking to start a dealership bashing thread. Thanks!

Re: Warranty Work With Mods?

Originally posted by TheDiggler View Post
    To all the guys that have newer cars with mods where do you guys go for warranty work? Any experience between dealers and finding certain dealers help you out more than others? I know this is kind of an iffy subject but some dealers would be more willing to help people out than others. Especially if you bring donuts or something for them when you drop your car off Found a thread about this from a couple years ago that says 5th ave is the choice to go to, is this still the case? or have they started being less friendly to modified cars? That thread also mentioned Northland was turning things around. Now that its been a couple years has anybody given them another shot? A lot of staff can change around over a couple years at the dealers haha. I'm looking for reviews or experiences that are fairly recent and not looking to start a dealership bashing thread. Thanks!
    I'm still fairly unimpressed with Northland, but have continued to use them based on their proximity. While I have never been denied service or warranty work for basic modifications, I feel like Northland can often lack transparency. You really need to have a discussion with the tech every time about what is needed. Northland has definitely improved their timeliness of service over the past few years, I'll give them that!

I've recently traded in for a used VW Tiguan, that I will most likely be taking to 5th Ave, or George at Tunedub. While I have no experience with the service at 5th Ave, I have only heard good things. George recently did a Unitronic Flash for me, and I was impressed with his professionalism.

Comment

Working...
    X