broken fob - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken fob - options?

This just happened, seems like the insertion point has snapped, I think I would need that, along with a new pin.

If I get an empty fob can I just transfer the internals to it? (2000 mkiv jetta)

Also. I just want some ghetto hard keys without fob, recomendations of where this can be done? I dont think I've ever had a "reverse cut" key replicated. Just want to have 2 spares on hand.

Re: broken fob - options?

You can try getting an uncut key off eBay and swap everything, i think the actual key part you have is still fine to use, and it's held onto the plastic and the rotating thing with a really small pin, so it should be swappable, just make sure you also swap the immobilizer chip to the new one or just use the old key covers.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

2000, no immobilizer if I remember right. Should be okay. ebay it is.

Comment

2000 was a half year for these, early 2000 you are fine, late 2000 you have an immob.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/im...lacement-tips/

That should help
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's
        2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Its a 99.5ish production car. runs with just the blade thankfully (tried it with pliers used to turn it tonight)

I found a spare fob from a later model vehicle that unfortunatelly was completely totalled (mom was t-boned at high speed). Going to open it, scrap the blade, and swap my internals into it along with my blade. Hopefully that works (sigh...every penny counts).

Comment

I have a brand new key shell that I bought for my Passat kicking around somewhere, but it doesn't have the panic button on the side. It's just a cheap one off of eBay, but I swapped everything over from one of the keys. Come grab it and it's yours if you want it!
            Scott
            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Here is another site for keys that was highly recommended on vortex I think.

http://deautokey.com/category/key-fob-and-key-fob-parts
              Ben
              2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
              2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
              2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
              Her's
              2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

I have a few spare 2003 keys if you want to have a free replacement? They are the 3 square button style.
                You could simply take my pin and internals out and swap the components over, i think rubbing alcohol is recommended for removing the adhesive on the transponder chip but i'd double check that just to be 100% certain.

I have two new DaAutoKey keys at my house which seem to be high quality that i plan to get rekeyed at some point, i'd recommend them for sure.

Comment

I haven't ordered from here but they seem to be well regarded on TDIclub. They can also cut a new key with just a picture.
                  http://www.fixmyvw.com/complete-squa...4-cars-immo-2/

Comment

I swapped my fob (was washed) and the immob transponder fairly easily into a used fob from another car.

Easiest route.

Comment

All done, just swapped over the flip mechanism from the new key to my old fob, then used pin from the new one to connect my blade.

Unfortunately could not simply put my 00 internals into the 06 key, my 00 key uses a totally different battery than the 06 fob does, couldn't make it fit properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X