Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk6 golf AC Blowing warm air.

Hey,

So I've been doing a lot of research on why my car is only blowing warm air when I have my AC on. So far i've come up with it needing a recharge and maybe a fan motor?? Has anyone come across this? if so, what did you do to overcome the issue? I just want AC haha.

Thanks!

Re: Mk6 golf AC Blowing warm air.

Start with a recharge
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

bring it in for a recharge. I did mine once already on my mk6 wagon, and it has to go in again.
      Last edited by mrx; 05-19-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

A recharge will have some additives to fill small holes in seals and cracked tubing. If it continues to happen you may have a bigger hole andshould try to find and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          A recharge will have some additives to fill small holes in seals and cracked tubing. If it continues to happen you may have a bigger hole andshould try to find and fix it.
          This.

It is technically a closed loop system, so if you are noticing that there is no cooling capabilities, the chances are high that there is a leak in the system (or something less likely like the compressor isn't engaging). Hopefully it's a very small leak that can be sealed from the inside rather than having to pull it all apart to find the larger leak.

Comment

Needs a recharge. If it needed a fan it wouldn't blow air at all.

Come see me at CAW, we can charge it up and add a leak sealant/dye/lube to the system.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Don't just go in for a recharge. There's a multitude of problems that can cause your AC to blow warm. Go into your chosen shop and have the issue diagnosed. If a recharge is the problem, great, but going in and asking for a recharge will only get you a recharge. There may still be an issue in the system.

Comment

Agreed with danosaur, people shouldn't jump to conclusions. Mine needed a new compressor as the valve was malfunctioning..
                Jay

Comment

Generally when you go for a recharge good shops will check to see if there is pressure. If there is then your issue is something else going on. If there is not then you proceed with a vacuum test if that holds then recharge
                  Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                    Generally when you go for a recharge good shops will check to see if there is pressure. If there is then your issue is something else going on. If there is not then you proceed with a vacuum test if that holds then recharge
                    If you're within the industry, you know that not all shops are good! Ask for diagnosis and that's what you'll get.. Ask for a recharge and that might be what you get.. Regardless of other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                      Agreed with danosaur, people shouldn't jump to conclusions. Mine needed a new compressor as the valve was malfunctioning..
                      You can replace just the valve. $80 vs about $1000 makes a big difference.
                      On the same note the wifes wagon was just wistlen when the AC was on. Had a recharge and they added a dye so if it leaked again they would know where. Good to go again so far.
                      Last edited by Stonewall; 05-22-2016, 12:33 AM.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                        You can replace just the valve. $80 vs about $1000 makes a big difference.
                        On the same note the wifes wagon was just wistlen when the AC was on. Had a recharge and they added a dye so if it leaked again they would know where. Good to go again so far.
                        Maybe, was told that it was in the compressor (all one unit). I tend to trust the shop as it's managed by a good friend but I suppose his tech lied? pretty sure if they just could have replaced a small part they would have.
                        Jay

Comment

Working...
                        X