Got a modded TDi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a modded TDi?

A friend of mine is considering buying a TDi, probably used. The problem is that this guy has had either stock cars with lots of horsepower, or has had modded vehicles. So after browsing www.tdiclub.com and finding out which mods work best, he would still like to try or at least sit in a modded TDi to make up his mind.

So does anyone local have such a beast....Ryan from CVD mentioned to try here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 05-19-2004, 10:21 PM.

Re: Got a modded TDi?

Well I can say we have quite a few. Just ask Simon he is our local upsolute rep, his doesn't have that much in engine mods but man is it a beautiful car. As for engine mods I know quite a few as I am about the only one who doesn't have a warrenty so I am free to play.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
      Well I can say we have quite a few. Just ask Simon he is our local upsolute rep, his doesn't have that much in engine mods but man is it a beautiful car. As for engine mods I know quite a few as I am about the only one who doesn't have a warrenty so I am free to play.
      The TDI is an awesome and fun engine to mod, starting with a chip!
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Off the top of my head here are some mods with aprox cost (these are all for non-PD engines):
        Filtered crank case vent: 150
        Cat fuel filter: 180 (I have this one)
        Bigger intake piping: 150
        Upsolute chip: Contact slomas@upsolute.com he is out local rep
        Bigger injectors
        larger pump head
        VNT-17 turbo bolts right on off of a PD150 engine
        Upsolute front mount intercooler and piping: 1000+
        There is also tons more you can do. THe ebst thing is to hit tdiclub.com and read as much as you can.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Bubbleboy
          PM me for a meet ...
          Modded mk4 tdi motor...
          in a NB (mk4) chassis....
          Upsolute chip...
          and some other extras....
          plenty quick.... but working on making quicker
          Aleos...
          Last edited by aleos; 05-20-2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, I think it's an earlier model before the TDi. Anyone know if you can chip or do other mods on the earlier turbo diesel?

Correct me if I'm wrong bubble boy but I saw the thread on CVD and wanted to make sure your question got answered.

j
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X