Should I be upset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be upset?

Ok second time Northland VW had to fix a concept1 mistake, this time its my dogbone mount. The tech told me that Concept1 most likely installed my dogbone mount improperly which led to a slight crack in my transmission case. This is the second time conecpt1 has messed up with an installation. First it was improper torqe of my wheels when I got my new suspension which resulted in damaged rotors.

I had to buy a new dogbone mount from VW. They installed it the right way and no problems, but after all the hassle with my car I decided Concept1 will never touch my car again. Real good guys but horrible installation jobs. Seems to me at least 50% of the people here have had some horror story at concept1.

QuA
    Last edited by QuA; 06-01-2004, 03:01 PM.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Re: Should I be upset?

I would be passing on the bill their way.

I had them replace the axel seals on my GTI last winter, a couple weeks later they started leaking again, I took it back to them to show them the problem, they put it on the hoist and told me what I told them, and they charged me for 30 minutes labor. On top of that they wouldn't fix the seals properly.

Comment

For what it's worth, drivers side on my rear sway was stripped to hell and it cost an hour to fix. The links themselves was covered by ABD thanks to Curtis hounding them, but not the labor. Granted if it was damage somehow, it's not C1s fault but they couldn't say how it happened. It's not like I was doing dukes of hazzard, and it was only a year old.

My FK kit, and my short shifter were installed by c1 with no problems reported to date. I will still take my car to them for non-warranty things, however I am more nervous about it than I am with Northland.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Everytime i go to northland they seem to fix my problems. Every tech there seems legit and they know their cars. I'll buy at concept1 but get some of the northland techs to install the parts.

Comment

OK, I ran into Mike at Northland today while I was booking an oil change. While there, I saw first hand the damage that was caused while his car was up on the lift. The VW tech was kind enough to show the problem. The mount was clearly installed incorrectly. One of the bolts was tightened way beyond spec, causing the bushing to become deformed, and hence, the eventual failure of the part. There is also a visible crack in the crank case caused by the resulting deformation of the mount. I looked at my Bentley manual and there's a couple things that were def overlooked....

1) The pendulum support bolt is only supposed to be tightened to 30ft lb and obviously it was torqued far past this in order for that bushing to be squashed to oblivion.

2) The metal sleeve inside the bushing was not put back in to prevent over compression of the bushing

3) The bolt itself is NEVER supposed to be re-used and a new one should have been put in to begin with.

I, personally, would be pissed off at the quality of the initial installation. Especially because the crank case is now cracked and will require welding to fix. I won't post my view on what you should do regarding C1, but you know my opinion from when we talked earlier. Best of luck to you, and hope you're able to solve this.
          Derick

Comment

Yeah, you can't really be upset cause you DID trust them with your car. Lesson learned, steer clear of them in the future...thats about all you can do (unless you wanna try and stick 'em with the bill..it could work..sick some BBB on they ass!)
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

PS Dericks ride is sick .... pure sex when you see it in person.
              Last edited by QuA; 06-01-2004, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                My FK kit, and my short shifter were installed by c1 with no problems reported to date. I will still take my car to them for non-warranty things, however I am more nervous about it than I am with Northland.
                i think its impossible to mess up a short shifter install, if Derick and I can do it ourselves in 20 minutes, any VW tech can do it in 10 minutes.
                Simon

Comment

I agree with you. Its my fault for trusting their work. Ive totally learned my lesson with C1

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
                  Yeah, you can't really be upset cause you DID trust them with your car. Lesson learned, steer clear of them in the future...thats about all you can do (unless you wanna try and stick 'em with the bill..it could work..sick some BBB on they ass!)

Comment

I've never had any problems with C1
                    The guys there are always great. They have helped me out lots of times...
                    Should we really use this forum to bash some of our advertisers who help with our site....
                    I think if you have a problem with a company go talk to them... it's not fair to them....

just my 2 cents worth.
                    Steve
                    2002 Golf TDi
                    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Comment

I did bring it up =) Its like they never even heard what I was talking about just refered me to a place to repair it.

Originally posted by TDi_Steve
                      Should we really use this forum to bash some of our advertisers who help with our site....
                      I think if you have a problem with a company go talk to them... it's not fair to them....

just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

c1 aint done **** for me. I owe them nothing.
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

just my 2 cents worth.
                          I too think that the folks at C1 are great people. However, this is just business. The fact of the matter is that he paid money in exchange for a service... A service that was not provided. He has every right to be upset because the bottom line is that he did not get what he paid for. Nothing that has been said here is slanderous, just simply the facts of what happened.
                          Derick

Comment

What mods have they installed on your car? It depends on the level of difficulty. If its an antenna install ... yes that should be easy for them.

just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

haha i got my oil changed today at 32k instead of doing all the rest since its useless and i can change my own pollen filter.. my work order said my fender liner is damaged (no ****.. you ain't rubbing you aint' dubbin foo) and then my belly pan dealy is all cracked to shiz too.. LOL

yea mikey btw phone ken up and let him know whats up! if you complain their service will get better because they want to keep customers not have you complain to 30 of us and us never go there again
                              Last edited by R_Ethug; 06-01-2004, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X