Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-motion GTI!!!

Hey fellas,
    Just wanted to let you know that someone in Calgary owns a 2002 24V Vr6 GTI in Calgary that has a full R32 drivetrain conversion (less the 3.2 VR6 ). I saw the car in person and spoke to the owner for about 1/2 an hour today.
    The conversion was done by non other than HPA Motorsports and it looked fantastic. Just so you know, its silver with cloth interior and no sunroof. Its also go 17 " superlegeras on it in silver finish. Pretty hot car to say the least!
    Cheers
    Derek
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: 4-motion GTI!!!

Originally posted by GINCH
    Hey fellas,
    Just wanted to let you know that someone in Calgary owns a 2002 24V Vr6 GTI in Calgary that has a full R32 drivetrain conversion (less the 3.2 VR6 ). I saw the car in person and spoke to the owner for about 1/2 an hour today.
    The conversion was done by non other than HPA Motorsports and it looked fantastic. Just so you know, its silver with cloth interior and no sunroof. Its also go 17 " superlegeras on it in silver finish. Pretty hot car to say the least!
    Cheers
    Derek

i saw a silver gti w/ 17" superleggera's the other day.. hrmm, coulda been him. I think it had painted valences too?
    Simon

Comment

Thats amazing.... I wish I could do that. Now all he needs to do is drop in the HPA twin turbo setup for the 24V.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

speechless

Comment

I wonder if that was the one that was in "Modified" last month, I bought it just so I could read up on it. That one was done by HPA too, But I think that one DID have the turbo setup so it could be a different one.

Either way, that's cool.
          Jay

Comment

Did he mention if he swapped rear suspension too? I thought the R32 used a 5 link similar to the MK5 instead of our semi-independant rear.
            Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
            hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
            sigpic

Comment

Guys name is Doug Neilson, nice guy, great work.

He comes out to several tracks events during the year. I will hopefully drive the car next weekend, during a school I am teaching and keep you all posted.

Cheers
              Miles

Comment

Hey, if you are ever sick and need someone to do your job for a week or two.... Put me in line (probably makes me number 534)

What happened to the Bug in the Rocky Mountain Rally? I thought someone else was driving too..

Originally posted by milesmcewing
                Guys name is Doug Neilson, nice guy, great work.

He comes out to several tracks events during the year. I will hopefully drive the car next weekend, during a school I am teaching and keep you all posted.

Cheers
                Miles
                EU Tuning
                European Performance Products
                www.eutuning.ca
                slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Bug got squished!

There was a route amendment to the book that we did not get. a 250m after crest turned out to be "slow left after crest, caution exposure right" we rolled of the road at 4000 rpm in fifth, probably about 130-150kmh, the second roll cleared a fence, we ended up 70 feet down and about 250 away from the road. Talk about durability, we drove the car out after that! but the damage was too great to continue. Jeff (my regular co-driver) was driving, and we were hauling. 3-7 positions were only a few seconds apart and we were 3 regionally at the time.

The car will be repaired shortly.

Cheers
                  Miles

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I am guessing that you are pretty durable too and came out OK.

Isnt it a different system in WRC where they take their own notes? Surely that is better and would no doubt lead to safer and faster events.

Bug got squished!

There was a route amendment to the book that we did not get. a 250m after crest turned out to be "slow left after crest, caution exposure right" we rolled of the road at 4000 rpm in fifth, probably about 130-150kmh, the second roll cleared a fence, we ended up 70 feet down and about 250 away from the road. Talk about durability, we drove the car out after that! but the damage was too great to continue. Jeff (my regular co-driver) was driving, and we were hauling. 3-7 positions were only a few seconds apart and we were 3 regionally at the time.

The car will be repaired shortly.

Cheers
                    Miles
                    EU Tuning
                    www.eutuning.ca
                    slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

hmm that 4motion fit? dont you have to get rid of your spare and raise the floor some? its nice, but since is going oem, time for some better rims and in an 18" dia, lol
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

On some of our events you write your own notes, the Jemba notes from Rocky were very good, definitely better than we would have written, we just got caught out. Most european events use Jemba to write their notes as well.

I am reserving judgement on this issue until we have a better answer

3 other cars went off in the same corner.

Comment

ahh shows what I know (not a lot)

On some of our events you write your own notes, the Jemba notes from Rocky were very good, definitely better than we would have written, we just got caught out. Most european events use Jemba to write their notes as well.

I am reserving judgement on this issue until we have a better answer

3 other cars went off in the same corner.
                          EU Tuning
                          www.eutuning.ca
                          slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Working...
                          X