3 beeps wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 beeps wtf?

Driving into work this morning when I pulled out onto crowchild my cluster emitted 3 beeps (same ones as low gas) and no lights or nothing just 3 beeps.. car drove fine
    and of course since my cluster is fuxed right now i dunno if any real warnings came up on the screen
    Then again coming down centre st into downtown 3 beeps again..
    so i searched on vortex and it seems i may be low on brake fluid and its slooshing around too much causing the beeps.. i guess i'll scan my car when i get home.. how the hell do you burn brake fluid though? i thought you never really had to change it..

Re: 3 beeps wtf?

Originally posted by Ryan
    how the hell do you burn brake fluid though? i thought you never really had to change it..

thats correct, newer cars shouldnt ever use up brake fluid, only way to lose it is if there is a leak. so i doubt thats the problem. did you scan with a vag com to see any codes?
    Simon

Comment

will scan when i get home.. i drove around this morning somemore cuz i got bored at work and never beeped so i dunno.. coming into work i was low on gas so maybe it went in/out of the low range causing it to beep but 3 times is strange

Comment

Coolant temp?

My water pump just failed and I got the 3 beep warning along with a nasty message to stop driving. See if your coolant temp gauge isnt in the red.

Comment

i thought that too conrad it was sitting in the middle the whole time.. i'll dig around when i get home today

Comment

Working...
          X