Looking for Diesel Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Diesel Performance?

I am trying to find some more info about diesel performance for a friend of mine. He is looking into getting a mk3 TDI. Is there anything that he should look out for, and what kind of upgrades are availiable? Thanks for all your help in advance.
    2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
    1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
    1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
    Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Re: Looking for Diesel Performance?

Copied from one of my other posts
    Off the top of my head here are some mods with aprox cost (these are all for non-PD engines):
    Filtered crank case vent: 150
    Cat fuel filter: 180 (I have this one)
    Bigger intake piping: 150
    Upsolute chip: Contact slomas@upsolute.com he is our local rep in calgary
    Bigger injectors
    larger pump head
    VNT-17 turbo bolts right on off of a PD150 engine
    Upsolute front mount intercooler and piping: 1000+
    There is also tons more you can do. The best thing is to hit tdiclub.com and read as much as you can.

Also if you want to go nuts you can add NOS and propane injection. As well as bore out the engine. In europe there are way more companys then in NA so just take a look at so magazines like "The Golf" etc and you will find many links. Most of this items pertain to MK4's and 3's but not all.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Re: Looking for Diesel Performance?

You can check out tdiclub.com they seem to know their stuff over there, I dont know if they include mk3s though. I never really go there.
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X