• Show
Clear All

• VW Seat Recall ??

Have any of you heard of this yet?

Wednesday, April 7, 2004

Global Auto Report

Detroit News staff, wire and Bloomberg News reports

VW probe may require Jetta sedan recall

WOLFSBURG, Germany — Volkswagen AG faces an expanded U.S. safety investigation that may lead to a recall of 153,776 of its Jetta sedans after 36 reports of injuries and burns because seat warmers overheated. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration received nine injury reports and 27 more were submitted by the Wolfsburg, Germany-based automaker involving 2002 and 2003 Jettas, the U.S. agency said on its Web site. NHTSA, which began its inquiry in November, said Transport Canada also is investigating.

Link to the site

I called VW about this and they know nothing about it.. apparently.

Reason I looked into this is because I wanted to order up those Katzkin Leather seat covers. And the lady at Degreeve Upholstery mentioned to me to check into that recall first. But she wasn't sure if there was an actual recall. So I did a search on the net.
    Those people at VW head office are just plain stupid .. I asked him if I changed my seats to leather would if void my warranty and he couldn't give me a straight yes/no answer. OMG this guy was starting to piss me off.
    I told him if I put $40 seat covers on from CRappy Tire and something happens to my Transmission will that void my warranty and he's like he couldn't give me a yes/no answer.. bla bla..

What you guys think,, I really hate that dam velour. and Degreeve said they would install the Katzkin leather kit for about $600 .. so plus the kit which is about $700us ,, they would charge me about $2000 if I told them to do everything... but I can bring the kit to them and save a bit maybe a few hundred.. ?
    Not sure what to do?
    What can go wrong really.>>>>
    Last edited by Reflex1.8T; 06-14-2004, 04:05 PM.

Re: VW Seat Recall ??

wow finally a recall! there was a big thread on vortex about the butt warmers catching fire lol
    i should make my seats burn on purpose and get new leather put on the fronts since its such shiz to begin with

Comment

Hmmm I wish I went with Leather on my car. I wonder how much VW sells em for?
      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

what about for dislocated springs? my sister keeps complaining the backrest spring pops or something, like its outta place, and she can feel it against her back.... lol, maybe they can give me recaros! lol
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          wow finally a recall! there was a big thread on vortex about the butt warmers catching fire lol
          i should make my seats burn on purpose and get new leather put on the fronts since its such shiz to begin with
          I'll let you try it first If it works out, lemme know!
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

I was just wondering which seats are the recareos (SP?) are they just the 337, R32, and GLI seats?
            2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
            1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
            1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
            Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

yes and no.. the 337/20th/new 1.8T GLI's get OEM Euro VW recaros

the R32 gets konig seats (i forget the model)

both are killer sets.. i have audi recaros showing up on my doorstep this friday

Comment

yes and no.. the 337/20th/new 1.8T GLI's get OEM Euro VW recaros

the R32 gets konig seats (i forget the model)

both are killer sets.. i have audi recaros showing up on my doorstep this friday
                Ryan do you have leather seats atm or cloth?

Cause if they are black leather I would be interested in the purchase.

Comment

i have black leather.. i dunno if i want to sell them though

Comment

i have black leather.. i dunno if i want to sell them though

Please I"ll give you my cloth and money

Comment

Working...
                    X