3M clear bra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M clear bra?

Hey guys, I'm picking up my new '04 GLi in a few weeks and was checking out my options as far as protecting the paint. I did some reading on vw vortex and it seems most guys have had really good results with the 3M clear bra. Anyone here have it? How does it look?
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Re: 3M clear bra?

Yeah I gots that ****. VAGGOD here on the board can hook you up for a good price. Looks great, can hardly see it (just a line on the hood). A little pricey but looks 1000x better than a bra!
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Yep, when my car is clean, and a fresh coat of wax, you can hardly tell it's there. From more than 5 feet away, it's invisible.
      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
      sigpic

Comment

I also have it on my car and headlights and I like it. Even though my car is the scratch'mobil the 3M stuff has held up pretty good. Now all I have to get is a little 1" square piece to cover the spot where my antenna just touches my spoiler.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          I also have it on my car and headlights and I like it. Even though my car is the scratch'mobil the 3M stuff has held up pretty good. Now all I have to get is a little 1" square piece to cover the spot where my antenna just touches my spoiler.
          i came to realize that 3m is a big waste of money. ok, so the first 10" of your hood wont be chipped, what about the rest?? you will still have to paint the whole thing. so if you are doing 3m, DO EACH PANEL IN ITS ENITRETY. otherwise dont bother. i got rid of all my 3m, i rather repaint the stupid car every couple years.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Fair enough, but do both. I don't want my car lookin like **** because of rock chips on a dark car!! The places your car gets rock chips the most is where the 3m goes. Its not so you don't have to paint your car every few years, its so it looks a bit better until you DO paint it!!
            -james

Comment

I've already had a few chips that have pierced the 3M. I should read my warranty on it and see if that is covered.

I also had my rear deck panel covered so my dogs dont hack up the hatch when they hop in.

Comment

Yeah a buddy at work had his trunk done, part of his roof, around the wheels and all..crazy dude..Musta been $$$!
                -james

Comment

I have my full front = mirrors done. it has ben worth it as my front end remains mint (except for damaged caused by other front end hazards [read: wife])

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I dunno, I personally can't stand the way those things look. They make the car look like it's wearing one of those Biore Pore strips or something When they're new they aren't really noticable. But the worst is that they're prone to swirls and scratches the same way paint is, and so over time they look hazy and opaque.

Having said that though, I don't drive my car in the winter. But if I did, then I might consider these.
                    Derick

Comment

yea even after my new chameleon paint in 2 weeks i'm not doing it.. it'll be fine and still change color

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                        yea even after my new chameleon paint in 2 weeks i'm not doing it.. it'll be fine and still change color
                        lol
                        Derick

Comment

Working...
                        X