Replica Oettinger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica Oettinger...

Just curious if anyone has any experience or heard anything about the replica kits? I did a search on both here and VWVortex and no luck. I don't want to keep the whole kit just sides and rear and re sell the front bumper. The guy is askin 850 for the kit?

Thanks everyone

Jase

Re: Replica Oettinger...

Short answer is - Don't do it

Oettinger replicas fit like ass and the sideskirts don't come with a specially built-in attachment rail like the original does. That's because the fakes are cast molded from the exterior of an original piece and lack the mounting points behind the skirts. Can it still be mounted? Yes, but with alot of grief, and all this trouble for a fake
    Derick

Comment

go hard or go home... rock the real or don't bother.. the only replica i would probably ever buy is the R32 replica kit nick got.. thats prolly it

Comment

I was thinking about picking up an oettinger replica kit for my jetta, theres this place called speed tech, and the dude there, I think his name was lance or something like that told me that if I had any fitment issues he would give me my money back. And he was willing to put that into writing for me. He quoted me 1200 bucks shipped, so thats not too bad at all. I havent gotten one yet, but Im really considering it.
        ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

Yeah, but that won't help you if you clip something and it cracks.
          Nick
          There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess. . .

I had also called Rudy's when I was contemplating doing this and the lady I talked to said that she hasnt had too many bad experiences with replica kits. She told me that there are horror stories out there, but from her dealings she haddent had many bad ones. I personally dont know anything about replica kits since I opted not to get a kit yet, but from the research I had done it seemed pretty tempting. You should call around, talk to the dude at speed tech, and call rudy's as well as some other body shops see what they all say before you make a decision.
            ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

I have heard pretty bad stuff about durability of stuff from people I know, and a scrape is terrible, and cracks are pretty tough.
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

okay here's the deal y'all.. nobody in the club can get an oetty kit! why because my homie derick has it!.. secondly stop copying lol! 3rd.. get something nobody else has to keep it original.. new reiger.. m3 front.... i know there are only so many kits but we gotsta mix and match.... if somebody copies my pzwo (good luck LOL! ) then i buy an audi next week

edit oh and mike ordered a new front all the way from germany.. took the patience to have to wait 3+ months to get the stuff and i guarantee he'll be the only person in canada with that front end
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 06-23-2004, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Lol too funny Ryan. Nah, I don't care if anyone gets the same parts or whatever. There are only so many brands and parts available for our cars after all

But honestly, if you like Oetti, Pwo, BBS or whatever, just save up for the real thing. You'd be surprised how much of a deal you could get for authentic parts if you just shop around and have a nack for negotiation

...oh and mike ordered a new front all the way from germany.. took the patience to have to wait 3+ months to get the stuff and i guarantee he'll be the only person in canada with that front end
                  That's why Mike's car is so damn pimp. Those little differences and authenticities totally count. When a car comes together in this way it makes it that much more rewarding when it's finished. There's real pride in knowing that you didn't settle or cut corners. I saved up for like 3 months for the my Oetti parts and then waited another 4 months for it to ship from Germany. It was woth it in the end.
                  Last edited by Derick; 06-23-2004, 10:01 PM.
                  Derick

Comment

yesterday i was on allegro.pl, its a polish version of ebay, anyway, bumpers here are pretty cheap...

http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=27247708

thats the bumper C1 sells, how much do they ask for it, like 6 bills or something? well, here you can buy it now for $100US roughly, lol!!!!!!
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Its all about custom work baby!!!!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yeah Bart, I bought my Zender poiler for about $320 or something like that. There's a guy from Poland who sell a replica for $90 US
                        Derick

Comment

Working...
                        X