crazy warranty work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy warranty work

When i was at NL today that head guy was checkign this GTI that was an 03 that the passenger airbags set off on thier own!!!

the guy got DENIED too.. I guess he his a pothole that must have been like 1' deep cuz they told me his frame was BENT! and thats what caused the bags to go off! thats crazy stuff man

Re: crazy warranty work

Ouch
    Thats an expensive problem!
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      When i was at NL today that head guy was checkign this GTI that was an 03 that the passenger airbags set off on thier own!!!

the guy got DENIED too.. I guess he his a pothole that must have been like 1' deep cuz they told me his frame was BENT! and thats what caused the bags to go off! thats crazy stuff man
      Hopefully the pothole wasn't marked, and he can get the city to pay for it. Man the roads suck right now
      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
      hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
      sigpic

Comment

In all honesty tho, unless its dark, if you hit a pothole big enough to have its own shadow its your own bad
        -james

Comment

How can you bend your frame by hitting something with your wheel? Even sideways, you'll smash the tire, then the rim, then the hub, the the axle/arms/cv-joints etc - or are they saying those are all stronger than the frame?

He must have driven into a parking barrier or something worse...

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I dunno, you could bend your frame off a pothole if its deep and long and wide enough..I could see it happening
            -james

Comment

I would still *****, it wasn't a collision that caused it...was his safety ever in danger?? thats an incorrectly calibrated airbag sensor...It should take way more than that to set it off....
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

i dunno the customer in question was actually there and he talked to me that its crap and that he was going to get his insurance to pay for it or something..

Comment

when I worked at honda we had a car car come in with this same problem. The guy hit a big *** pothole and his air bags went off in a civic. I don't think that his frame was bent though
                  2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
                  1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
                  1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
                  Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Comment

Working...
                  X