Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust on a tdi?

Hey guys,
    Im strongly considering getting a 3inc straight pipe on my TDI and getting a muffler welded on to it. I was thinking a remus style one from C1 (cause the price is good considering the gains on a tdi). I was wondering if there is anything I should watch out besides soot on my bumper?

Anyone ever heard an exhaust like this on a tdi and if so how'd it sound?

thanks

james
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: Exhaust on a tdi?

3" Straight pipe going into a 2.25" inlet of a Remus muffler. Im not sure if the TDI's are different but to get best of the best wouldnt you want the inlet on your muffler as big as your piping or at least 2.5" ?

QuA

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
    Hey guys,
    Im strongly considering getting a 3inc straight pipe on my TDI and getting a muffler welded on to it. I was thinking a remus style one from C1 (cause the price is good considering the gains on a tdi). I was wondering if there is anything I should watch out besides soot on my bumper?

Anyone ever heard an exhaust like this on a tdi and if so how'd it sound?

thanks

james
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Ask TDIsteve he has a straight pipe with a cutout valence. Not much louder but you can hear the turbo spool up more. BTW Kiss your warrenty goodbye as I am sure they will be pissed since you have to cut some metal out to make it fit out the valence, as seen here linky
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
        Ask TDIsteve he has a straight pipe with a cutout valence. Not much louder but you can hear the turbo spool up more. BTW Kiss your warrenty goodbye as I am sure they will be pissed since you have to cut some metal out to make it fit out the valence, as seen here linky

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't void any warrenty. The only one it might affect is the rust pref warr but it would have to be around the area you cut. And if you are stupid enough to cut the metal and not spray paint where you cut you need to have your nuts cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by vaggod
          I'm pretty sure that wouldn't void any warrenty. The only one it might affect is the rust pref warr but it would have to be around the area you cut. And if you are stupid enough to cut the metal and not spray paint where you cut you need to have your nuts cut off.

A tdi specific exhaust http://client.webtys.com/sc/moreinfo.asp?PartID=1

Miltek also make a tdi specfic exhuast.
          http://www.millteksport.com/exhausts.applications.0.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by vaggod
            Yeah Id talk to northland before I did it obviously but I doubt it would void your entire warranty! I just need to decide to go 3" - muffler or a full turbo back system..
            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
            -james

Comment

how about a mufflerectomy
              Simon

Comment

LOL one of those linkes said there was great HP gains and fuel mileage gains never have I ever read anything about that happening for the TDI. I would talk to Steve though he could tell you more about it.
                BTW PD or non PD engine?
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

a brullen muffler might work? i love their tips thats all

Comment

The TDI Club has some good info on Exaust modifications

Comment

Working...
                    X