New Jetta V Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Jetta V Pic

Honestly though, it doesn't look too bad, I like it. Ok sure it's not as boxy as the older ones, but honestly, times change, designs evolve. personally, I love the mk3 Jetta, even more so than the MK4 due to it's boxiness, but honestly, could you imagine a "NEW" boxy car driving around? Even the MK4 is looking quite dated with the likes of the Mazda3 taking over the streets. Anyway, as was said it will be interesting to see what comes of it. Honestly though, I wouldn't care if the new golf/Jetta were made in the same factory as the Civic if VW could get all the quality issues sorted out. I love VW but honestly, these days if my friends ask me what they should buy that will last them a long time and be no nonsense I tell them to buy a Honda, or a new Mazda. I mean, sure I know that a lot of the problems are small things, but they are "things" nonetheless.
    Jay

Comment

Re: New Jetta V Pic

If someone DID release a new "boxy" car that would be awesome! I can totally imagine it. In a dozen years there will probably be some retro styled car or something that looks like an 80's golf.

I agree that QC is a big deal, and on the Mk4 at least VW was behind on technical things like suspension, transmission, etc.

Basically this car takes the Jetta out of the "sporty" sedan and into the "practical" sedan category though. There are a lot of sedans out there, but you never see anyone modding 4 door sedans because they just aren't a good base.
      Last edited by Kor; 10-25-2004, 03:27 PM.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
      X