Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icy Road + Pilot Sports = Slip Slidin' Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icy Road + Pilot Sports = Slip Slidin' Fun!

...O.k., well... maybe it's only fun if you don't end up sliding backwards down a hill and into a PT Cruiser! Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

Anyhow, here's a couple of pics of my 1st Official Calgary accident. O.k., well second if you count being a passenger in a 5 car pile up on Deerfoot.

Anyone have any recommends on where to get this stuff fixed? Thankfully, it would appear that my rear bumper took 95% of the damage with the front passenger rim taking the remaining 5%. Oh well, such is life...

Last edited by Deuce; 10-19-2004, 11:32 AM.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Re: Icy Road + Pilot Sports = Slip Slidin' Fun!

damn deuce! sorry to see that (ps pics don't work linked but anyways) looks like it got cracked which will require a new bumper.

don't feel too bad there were over 400 accidents today according to c-jay!!

Comment

Here ya go, I'll post the pics for ya

Sorry to hear about what happened. That's brutal. But at least you've got a good attitude about it. I thought I would see if I could drive around on the Pilots today too, but it just wasn't happening. So I threw on the winters (well the fronts anyway).

So now I'm rockin' a 16" front/18" rear setup... and actually, I kinda like it. Great traction on the 'go' wheels, and I get great oversteer whenever i want!!
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

i cant see any pics!!!!!!! use www.servfiles.com lol
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Reposted the pics. Thanks for the Servfiles link!

Can anyone recommend a place for this stuff to get done? I'm thinking this should be a no-brainer as to me it would appear that all I need is a new bumper and a new rim. Should be an easy job... no?

Cheers...
          Rob

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
            Can anyone recommend a place for this stuff to get done? I'm thinking this should be a no-brainer as to me it would appear that all I need is a new bumper and a new rim. Should be an easy job... no?
            I find it kind of hard to see in the pictures, but it looks to me like the bumper might be repairable, and the wheel can also probably be somewhat restored by Alberta Wheel Repair.

If you do decide to buy a whole new bumper I would just get an aftermarket kit bumper!
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Reposted the pics. Thanks for the Servfiles link!

Cheers...
              I new bumper skin is going to run you about $200 for a repressed one. I know as that is what is going on my car when it is fixed. I could talk to Rudy's and see if they can paint your bumper at the same time they paint my car (hopefully I am changing colours) but it will be a couple weeks yet.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

You call that a wheel skuff? This is what I call a wheel skuff..

Alberta wheel repair should have that looking new for about $150 I say, they have my rim right now and supposidly it is fixable after stopping a civic doing 60!
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                  Alberta wheel repair should have that looking new for about $150 I say, they have my rim right now and supposidly it is fixable after stopping a civic doing 60!
                  The guys at AB wheel repair are magicians. In my 72 beetle I did a donut through an intersection and the rear passeger stopped rim the car by hitting the curb. It looked like some took a bite out of the thing, & they fixed to be as good as new. I will try to post some pics, but I was sure that the rim was history.

They do excellant work, for a pretty decent price.

Andrew
                  www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

also, something worth knowing, paul the service advisor at NL, well the guy at alberta wheel repair, santoro or whatever his name is, is his brother in law, or something like that, anyway, i think if you mention paul sent you, you'll get a discount...
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I know the owners son I think (of alberta wheel repair)
                      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                      -james

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
                        The guys at AB wheel repair are magicians. In my 72 beetle I did a donut through an intersection and the rear passeger stopped rim the car by hitting the curb. It looked like some took a bite out of the thing, & they fixed to be as good as new. I will try to post some pics, but I was sure that the rim was history.

They do excellant work, for a pretty decent price.

Andrew
                        Hmmm... So perhaps a few hundred for the bumper and maybe $150 or something like that for the rim. With that in mind... perhaps I could get this thing fixed myself for $500 or something like that?

One question though: If I just fix my car myself... who foots the bill to get the other guys car fixed? I know his insurance co. will take care of him but won't they come after my insurance co and hence me, to pay for the damages (ie. premiums) caused?

Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but since coming from Sasky a couple of years ago... I'm still new to this Privatized insurance racket.

Thanks in advance...
                        Rob

Comment

if you slid into him its your fault so your insurance pays for his repairs but if you phone him up and tell him you want to pay yourself to fix his damage then you can simply give him money or whatever to fix it and your insurance company is none the wiser

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                            if you slid into him its your fault so your insurance pays for his repairs but if you phone him up and tell him you want to pay yourself to fix his damage then you can simply give him money or whatever to fix it and your insurance company is none the wiser
                            O.k., so I'm definitely going through insurance then because I'm sure the damage on his car is like $2,500 to $3,500 worth. One last question though: I have a number of huge chips in my windshield from previous run ins from a number of Calgary rocks. Is it possible to also claim my windshield at the same time provided i have glass coverage?

Thanks again in advance...
                            Rob

Comment

i bet they would consider it a different case, since its not related, unless you bust it, and say it shattered the window too... might as well eh? lol
                              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                              X