No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of these Rims...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think of these Rims...

me no laaaaaaaike

Comment

I'm still selling my 18" ADRs for a bargain.
      Last edited by uv23; 11-07-2004, 02:07 AM.
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Ok how about if the lettering was removed and they where only $500 US? The lettering is just vinyl. I like the wieght too as they are about 20lbs each
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I think they look too much like the OEM... Montreals I think? Sorry Brent but if I was you I'd rather roll with the Montes or Long Beaches.

Jeff

Originally posted by Stonewall
          Ok how about if the lettering was removed and they where only $500 US? The lettering is just vinyl. I like the wieght too as they are about 20lbs each
          Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
          hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
          sigpic

Comment

You shouldn't settle for rims based on the fact that they are a good price, in the long run you will feel dissatisfied, and end up spending more on rims that you will be truly happy with. May as well just save up the cash and do it right the first time around.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I agree wheels are something that never should be cheaped out on. They almost make up the entire look of a car and can definitely make or break your look. I feel that too many show cars spend a huge amount of money on custom body kits and interiors and then put on a set of Motegi or something rims and to me that is just wrong. My 2 cents anyway!!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Brent, I like them, but the lettering takes away from the looks of the wheel.
                Buy my wheels..... good price w/ rubber
                Steve
                2002 Golf TDi
                Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TDi_Steve
                  Brent, I like them, but the lettering takes away from the looks of the wheel.
                  Buy my wheels..... good price w/ rubber
                  The lettering comes right off. I am still trying to decide what type of look I want to go with. Almost everything else will be smoked so I am not sure if I want to go with that on the wheels of something like Ryans RH's. Why are you selling your rims Steve? I guess I also want something light to a certain degree, ohh and cheap too, just like me
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yeah, thos rims are nastyness...Id go with something like some Axis Hiro's in gunmetal on your car (they aren't that expensive either, 350cdn ea.).

Did your car actually get painted BMP from the accident? Damn. Musta been ultra-busted up You considered just dumping the golf when you get it back and upgrading to a mk5?!

edit: or a mk4 that hasn't been near totaled? Id just be a little scared of a year or two from now if I got my car back from an accident like that
                    Last edited by James; 11-12-2004, 03:22 PM.
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

Kris's Wheel Rules

1 Wheels should have lip. Preferably polished. Some exceptions.
                      2 Professional finish > Paint or Powdercoat. High polish wheels look awesome.
                      3 Three piece > Two piece > Two Piece Look > One piece Look. Some exceptions.
                      4 All wheels should be 8" wide (or wider).
                      5 Black/Gunmetal wheels ONLY look good with polished lip.
                      6 Universal bolt pattern sucks.

These wheels violate #1, #2, #3, and #5.

I'll add more if I think of them. I completely agree with Blair that wheels make up most of the look of a car. I have said in the past that really nice cars seem to almost have a 'theme' and that theme starts with the wheels. You should literally try to match the wheels to your car's other mods, body kit, paint, etc.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Also, you can get brand new wheels pretty cheap.

Although "really nice" does pretty much mean expensive, I don't think "nice" means expensive.

If price is the deciding factor and you really can't afford the wheels you'd really like, then its not a huge issue. You can get some decent TSW's from Tire Trends for M $250/wheel. Example:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kor; 11-12-2004, 03:59 PM.
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                        X