Coolant change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant change

How often does everyone have their coolant changed/flushed? Every 2 years?
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Re: Coolant change

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi
    I have no idea. I assume VW must do it at some point, cause I never have.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi
      I believe there is no service needed for G12 coolant. I could be wrong though.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Once every two years sound normal to me. I was also told that not to worry about the coolant until the water pump dies.

Whenever I think of water pump I just want to shake my head again and again. I got the pump changed on the TDI this summer, timing belt and tensioner changed at 40K due to the noisy water pump sound like going to die on the road at any minute. After the payment at SFC I hop onto the car like the Dukes Of Hazard for my next appointment. Once I floor the gas I heard ‘Puuuu hussss… tic tic …husssss’ and smoke, coolant light blink, and liquid on the ground. WTF. I just forked out $800 something. I dragged the mechanic out who was working on my car. They push the car back into the shop. He told me right away that the pump is another DOA(dead on arrival) product. What can I say? VW oem parts are crazy. Anyway I made them to give me a new timing belt because once the belt got soaked with coolant is no good any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          I believe there is no service needed for G12 coolant. I could be wrong though.
          that's what I've heard also (supposed to be life of car), just top up, change coolant when changing timing belt and change the waterpump also
          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Working...
          X