New City Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New City Tickets

Guys heard on Cjay this morning that the city is giving tickets now for tailgating because people here are morons.. 170bucks and 4 points!!

keep it safe

i almost got rear ended yesterday on 16th coming home from a moron tailing me.. he ended up going into the opposing traffic lane to not hit me.

Re: New City Tickets

About freaken time, this city is soooooo bad for that, that is it not even funny
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I don't know if this is a year round thing but right now its totally needed as people just drive so stupid.. yea you got 4x4 but does the 4x4 make you stop better!!??

right now if people tail me i just move over onto the rocks and give them a taste of that and it usually works..

Comment

Yeah they have been taking steps to try and cut down the accidents even though the roads are not too bad. However pretty much every day I am going around the speed limit which is more than fine for winter roads and I usually have a pickup or SUV on my ass.

Well it also helps the police get more cash as that seems mostly all they are about these days too Not that I am bitter or anything.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          Yeah they have been taking steps to try and cut down the accidents even though the roads are not too bad. However pretty much every day I am going around the speed limit which is more than fine for winter roads and I usually have a pickup or SUV on my ass.

Well it also helps the police get more cash as that seems mostly all they are about these days too Not that I am bitter or anything.
          Maybe it's just me, but do you get an evil pleasure when you see a big expensive SUV in the ditch? Not like a bad accident or anything, just had to avoid a car that they were following too close and had to hit the ditch to do it. I don't know, I just can't help it.

On the money note, I know someone that got a red light ticket a while ago....270 bucks! can you believe that? They better not be handing those things out in this weather or there'll be an uprising.
          Last edited by Tuna; 01-11-2005, 12:32 PM.
          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
            On the money note, I know someone that got a red light ticket a while ago....270 bucks! can you believe that? They better not be handing those things out in this weather or there'll be an uprising.
            They can and are. If you enter the intersection on a red, you were travelling too fast for the conditions - ice/snow is no excuse.

And I've seen quite a few Expeditions/F150s in the ditch. I do indeed smile.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

There are a lot of people either over driving or under driving for the conditions and some very bad light running trying to use the roads as an excuse. I am fine with that kind of stuff but my biggest beef with the police is how they seem to be more concerned with money then saftey.

Over the Xmas season when things like checkstops should be very common I never saw one for I think the first year since I have been driving. However I did see a huge number of radar traps more then I think I have ever seen and lucky me even got caught twice but it seems just like an assembly line to get money they dont even say anything to you anymore. Sorry for the rant but drive safe and yes most accidents I have seen involve a truck or SUV funny that....
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I have to agree with you Blair, it seems like the police are more of a monetary force rather then a protection force. I can say I have never seen a road check since I have moved here. It seems that all they do is sit in photo radar vans, radar traps and accidents. Now I am sure they do more but does anyone ever hear anything other then a grow op bust? Nope but everyone hears about someone getting a ticket of some sort.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

NWA said it best back in tha day....
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

I agree, I was out and about on New Years in my car (not drinking) and there were no checkstops. I also don't see a lot of speed traps in school zones or places where I would say "it matters".
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                      right now if people tail me i just move over onto the rocks and give them a taste of that and it usually works..
                      That's hilarious, its a great idea as well

Comment

Working...
                      X