Cannonball Rally coming to Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball Rally coming to Canada!

The real thing is coming to Canada in Fall! For those of you who DON'T know what this is, its a nationwide race (or a few cities) where you drive evading law enforcement in an attempt to make it to the finish in the shortest time possible....These have been run in France, Italy, Russia, etc for years now, and are very illegal......sounds like fun?? I've heard the rumor, hopefully will have more info soon, and location/entry info....For somewhat innacurate reference, go watch "the cannonball run", an old movie, and you'll kinda get the idea! I would be in, anyone else??
    I'll post more links and info as I find them!!

EDIT: Found the site, and the dates, check it out.....Oh, and $8000 to enter
    http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/canada.asp

ANOTHER EDIT: It appears they have tightened up the rules, no breaking the law, speeding etc. It sure has lost its former glory (read the behind the scenes books written by various prior "racers"....)
    Last edited by Aleks; 01-14-2005, 03:28 PM.
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Cannonball Rally coming to Canada!

Well this is not the same as the Gumball 3000 but hell I would love to get my ass in this race. I think we should have a NVD team and as El Presidente I need to be there for sure, so membership fees have gone up to $500 a person Just kidding but this would be hella fun and at only 4,000 a person it is not that outrageous, but I guess it depends how long it is and really there will be a few other costs involved!!

PS Simon we should have an EUTuning car in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Just create an EU tuning team......sponsors can pay the entrance fee

UPDATE: The race starts in Montreal, it includes checkpoints, the route is not known until you reach the checkpoint, then it is given to you. You can race for Charity (raise support for entrance fee aswell), apparently there are a number of entrants already, a bunch of Firefighters entering a Firetruck (!), a bunch of younger guys from the sport compact scene (our direct competition!), some rich folk with high end sports cars....The total trip is about 4200km, 5 days long....Its not a free for all style race, there are staggered starts, against the clock race (within reasonable legal limits). They anticipate ~120 cars to enter. Sorry for the jumbled info, I was trying to listen to the guy while typing!!

There is also rumor for a Winter Cannonball run basing in or around Calgary in 2006, they were vague on it....

Anyhow, I'm seriously considering, I'm gonna do some research on support and possible charity run, etc...I don't think its easy to win, so I might as well have fun for a good cause!
      Last edited by Aleks; 01-14-2005, 04:35 PM.
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

The thing is, its pretty profitable to break the law in a scenario like this one!
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
        X