this sucks !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this sucks !!

so as some of you know i bought my tdi only 2 weeks ago..... and it got smashed last night. my friend's next door neighbor, backed into my passenger side front door! the damage looks bad theres only a bit of scrathed paint but like 4 huge dents. i filled a police report this afternoon cause i'm pretty sure the damage is over $1000 now do i get to choose a body shop to go to or what? i'll post pics later once i get some batteries. sorry guys i just needed to vent a little

Re: this sucks !!

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
    so as some of you know i bought my tdi only 2 weeks ago..... and it got smashed last night. my friend's next door neighbor, backed into my passenger side front door! the damage looks bad theres only a bit of scrathed paint but like 4 huge dents. i filled a police report this afternoon cause i'm pretty sure the damage is over $1000 now do i get to choose a body shop to go to or what? i'll post pics later once i get some batteries. sorry guys i just needed to vent a little
    If you need a lot of the side of the car repainted, get them to remove all your rubstrip(s) Nothing like turning a frown upside down... hahaha

No really, sorry to hear about the damage. I know how you feel, I have had many winter fenderbenders in the past.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

that sucks.. i'd do like kris said and get the rubstrips shaved

Comment

yea one of the rubstrips is completly bend and the other one is scuffed up i'm going to get some qoutes tomorrow i'm thinking i might need a whole new door. (how can i post up pics)

Comment

attach them or link them externally form a webspace (pifiu,telus,shaw,etc)

Comment

That sucks man, hope you can put a good spin on it!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ok here's an update so the guy that backed into my was given a ticket for backing up unsafly or something like that, now the police officers brought something to his attetion where in a cul de sac my car has to be 1.5m away from any driveway i talked to the guy tonight and he now wants me to pay for half of the damages i'm f*$@!#&% pissed cause i was not at fault. the gay staright up admitted to me that he was not looking when he backed up. any free leagal advice would be apriciated!! and what body shops should i go to for qoutes TIA guys

Comment

was your car parked or were you in it at the time? to my knowledge if your backing up and hit anybody the person backing out is 100% to blame regardless.. back when i was 16 my drive trainer guy told me when you backup you have 0 legal rights so watch out for people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  was your car parked or were you in it at the time? to my knowledge if your backing up and hit anybody the person backing out is 100% to blame regardless.. back when i was 16 my drive trainer guy told me when you backup you have 0 legal rights so watch out for people.
                  nope i wasn't in the car the guy came to the door luckily thanks for the info ryan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy
                    nope i wasn't in the car the guy came to the door luckily thanks for the info ryan!!
                    I would say all that can happen is the cops would issue you a ticket for ilegal parking. HE still backed into it so that is his problem. I would think a ticket would be less then 1/2 the repairs anyways.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I think the only senerio where you would be responsible for 1/2 damages would be if you were in a mall parking lot or the likes, if this happened on a regular joe street, its his bad
                      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                      -james

Comment

sIORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR RIDE...

Comment

Thanks, yea i would rather just pay a $40 bylaw ticket then $700 in repairs any way i have an appoitment at crasftman collision 2morrow morning and another at coursety collisoin on monday... If ne one has the number for rudy's (i think that's what its called) can u give that to me thanks guys

andy

Comment

search on here for official body shop it'll be in a thread first page of it

Comment

Working...
                            X