Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain this...

So last week, during what had to be one of the coldest days of the year
    (-35) i think, i had plugged in the car overnight.

in the morning, when i went to go start the car, it struggled to turn over, but it started nonetheless (as if it wasn't plugged in at all). it was however, making a strange noise, like a rur-rur-rur-rur sound on idle, not a continuous idle like it's supposed to. so i let it warm up for a bit and started to drive.

as i was driving, the MIL (malfunction indicator light) started to blink. i was thinking...oh crap, must be the new dp (although i had it in for a month so far with no problems). when i would come to a stop, the light would go solid. anyways, kept driving (and blinking) and eventually made it to work. listened to the idle again and it seemed ok.

fast forward to after work. i started up the car, MIL came on right away, then the ASR light and then the EPC light. i shut her off and started her up again and drove off right away. the MIL came on and stayed solid while the other 2 did not light up for the drive home. idle sounded ok and the car had plenty of power (boosted to 20psi).

i thought my maf might've gone bad or maybe it doesn't like the dp (apr 2.5"). so i unplugged the battery for 10minutes, hooked it back up, started her up and everything seemed fine (for a week so far).

anyways, just thought i'd share this with you guys.

eric.
    Eric
    2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Re: Can someone explain this...

I think the blinking light is more serious than the solid light... in the owner's manual they tell you to shut off the car on a blinking light (I think) but to just drive to the dealership on a solid light.

I am not sure what it is but you will have several stored codes and if you get them (with a VAG-COM) we can diagnose your problem.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
    X