Looking For an Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For an Opinion

Been checking out several cat back exhaust systems and need a little input.
    Anyone running a TT system or a AWE system, the AWE going from a sound clip seem kinda loudbut i have heard lots of good things about the TT,.Except that it is a all go no show system with just a straightcut tailpipe.
    Or if anyone has 2 cents to throw in on another system, please do..
    Would like to get a new exhaust this spring
    Drive It Like You Stole It

Re: Looking For an Opinion

kor (kris) has a techtonics exhaust

Comment

The Techtonics has good to excellent performance in a 2.5 inch. I would rate it "loud" in terms of sound. Fitment was not that great since I did have to have it bent a bit and adjusted, and also got new hangers. Also many other systems have dual pipes coming out of the muffler, the Techtonics only has a single pipe... so if you want dual pipes you need a "Y" fitting, and this becomes a bit of a pain in the ass.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Depends what you're doing, but I'm very happy with my Magnaflow.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I agree it depends on what you want. If you want all performance and nothing else matters, TT is a good choice or else custom is also a very good option.

If you want quiet, then you need to look at the systems with the best sounding quiet mufflers. I think someone just got an Autotech and likes it, it is suppsedly a quiet and well made system.

If you want looks, then you should look at a system with really nice tips. I personally think the ones with a logo or something engraved on the tips look amazing when they stick out a bit.

I don't think there is any 1 exhaust that does all three of these things... especially since noise and performance are often at opposite ends of how an exhaust can work
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ok good advice, now how about brullen or remus
            Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

personally i like my brullen the tips look good, it sounds good and gives decent performance.. i wish i had a TB tho but no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmic
                ok good advice, now how about brullen or remus
                I think both of those systems are known for nice deep but not loud sound and fairly good looks.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

If you want quiet, then you need to look at the systems with the best sounding quiet mufflers. I think someone just got an Autotech and likes it, it is suppsedly a quiet and well made system.

To say it again its all in what you want, I did just put on the autotech system, and YEP I'm happy with it I noticed some zippyness back in the car, and its quiet which I preferr.....there are engraved logos on the end of the tips mind you, you can't see them well when there covered in the dirt and salt and slush and stuff....

cheers,

johnny

Comment

Working...
                  X