What tires to buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tires to buy???

So I still need new rubber asap and I have been looking at a couple places but I haven't decided on any yet. Here is what I have been looking at:
    Fuzion ZRi Tires @159.99 each not to bad, tiretrends has them for 154 each so if their shipping is good I am leaning towards these.
    Hankook VENTUS K104 @ 139.97.
    Kumho 712 ECSTA SUPRA @ 148.23.
    Any thoughts on who is the best to but from and which tires?
    Last edited by Stonewall; 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Re: What tires to buy???

I'd go wieth either the Fuzions (they are made by BFG I think...) or the Kumhos
    Give a call to Contemporary Motorsports and speak to Bob. A very honest, down to earth guy and he will go out of his way to help you out. I think he actually quoted me a price lower than Mytires did...

Comment

call anand at mytires..

personally i'm really happy with my kuhmo 712s they grip good and wear good.. they have some road noise but nothing crazy.. Z rated too for those high speed trips

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
        I'd go wieth either the Fuzions (they are made by BFG I think...) or the Kumhos
        Give a call to Contemporary Motorsports and speak to Bob. A very honest, down to earth guy and he will go out of his way to help you out. I think he actually quoted me a price lower than Mytires did...
        I think it is going to be very hard for anyone in town to beat $154 a tire and only $40 in shipping. Crap I can't remmeber if I need 205/45/R17 or 225/45/R17? NM it is 225 *doh*
        Last edited by Stonewall; 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          I think it is going to be very hard for anyone in town to beat $154 a tire and only $40 in shipping. Crap I can't remmeber if I need 205/45/R17 or 225/45/R17? NM it is 225 *doh*
          You'll never know until you try.

I vote for the Kumhos and mytires.ca.
          Pat
          Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

A couple of tires that are in your price range and might be nice are Yokohama AVS ES100's or Dunlop FM901's

I ordered my winter replacement from 1010tires and WOW it was a great buying experience (anand was away for the holidays so I could not check with him). They delivered it to my door within a couple days and were amazingly cheap. It was cheaper than My Tires was last year when I bought the same tire, except with shipping it was about the same.
            Last edited by Kor; 02-02-2005, 04:20 PM.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My friend with a 1997 Integra Type R loves his Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's...awesome in the dry, great in the wet....sh!te in the snow and ice. Well...we think they suck in the snow and ice b/c he runs studded most of the winter and I'm rolling on Nokian's so by comparison I guess they're horrible....but then again I used to have Continental 4000H's, the worst tire beside Kelly's and Tiger Paws I have ever had the misfortune of owning....

EDIT: I do wish I had bigger rims and lower profile tires b/c my fat version of the Nokian WR's handle like crap whereas the lower profile ones have a much stiffer sidewall....the 712's are ridiculously good by comparison, in the Type R we can take corners that would flip my lowered Audi....
              Last edited by BadKenny; 02-02-2005, 05:41 PM.

Comment

umm yea if your running Z rated tires in the winter your buddy is a retard (sorry to say)

Comment

Don't bother with Yokohama Parada Spec2's. They are actually a great tire, but once they get below 50% tread it is all you will hear.

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                    umm yea if your running Z rated tires in the winter your buddy is a retard (sorry to say)
                    My Blizzaks are Z rated.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Last edited by R_Ethug; 02-02-2005, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                        My Blizzaks are Z rated.
                        Hahaha.
                        billip
                        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          what really!!??

okay if your running summer only tires with a nice V pattern in the thread your a retard LOL
                          yah, who's the retard?
                          Simon

Comment

all your tires are belong to me

i'm not a big guy on rubber specs but i do know if your dumb enough to drive around on 18s with summer only rubber when its -20 and snowing you deserve to hit a power pole..

/end rant i quit the club... again.

anyways brent.. i would get the kuhmos or yoko evs100s if i was you (back on topic and all)
                            Last edited by R_Ethug; 02-02-2005, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Hey Ryan, that's true but ever heard of a lil phrase I call Spontaneous Calgary Weather? A day they forecast 0% chance of precipitation dumped 3cm of snow. Good times when you come out of a 12 hour shift and realize your summer tires ain't gonna cut it.

In any case, my vote's for the Kumho's. Cheap like high school girls and sticky a theatre floor....

Comment

Working...
                              X