Renting a Roof Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting a Roof Rack

I drive a Mk4 Golf and I'm going up to the mountains at the end of the month for some skiing.

I was wondering if there's any place that would be able to rent me a roof rack to carry some ski's. If you guys have any suggestions or ideas, that'd be great. Cause I'm not sure where to start looking, or even if this is a possiblilty.

I'm also from Edmonton, so keep that mind if you give me any ideas.

Thanks
    Matt - A3

Re: Renting a Roof Rack

ehhhhh you might have shell out and buy one i don't think you can rent one.. depending on how long your skis are you should be able to get them in the hatch no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      ehhhhh you might have shell out and buy one i don't think you can rent one.. depending on how long your skis are you should be able to get them in the hatch no?

Yea I mean putting the ski's in the hatch is no problem, but i'm having a couple friends come with me. So if there is a possibility of renting a roof rack that'd be great, if not we'll just all squeeze in there.
      Matt - A3

Comment

Originally posted by People's Car
        Yea I mean putting the ski's in the hatch is no problem, but i'm having a couple friends come with me. So if there is a possibility of renting a roof rack that'd be great, if not we'll just all squeeze in there.
        Check ski rental places, but I doubt you will find a good one, they may have some kind of generic rack thingy. If so, watch out when mounting it on the car lest you scratch or damage it!
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
          Check ski rental places, but I doubt you will find a good one, they may have some kind of generic rack thingy. If so, watch out when mounting it on the car lest you scratch or damage it!

I'll give some ski places a call this week and we'll see if they can help me out.
          Matt - A3

Comment

Originally posted by People's Car
            I'll give some ski places a call this week and we'll see if they can help me out.
            I can't remember what the place is called but they rent good quality (Thule, etc) roof racks.

They're just north of JB's Automotive on Calgary Trail at about 60th Ave.
            Brandon

Comment

well matt with a 2 second google search under canadian pages i found a place in BC that rents them... it was a sports equipment rental place that rents snowmobiles, canoes,etc so try finding one of those up in edmonton

Comment

Alright guys thanks for the help. I'll get searching and see if I can find anything.
                Matt - A3

Comment

If you have a two door golf, i can sell you the OEM roof racks for cheap, all you would need to do then is buy the ski attachments. E-mail me at vdhesi@hotmail.com if you are interested.
                  2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

Originally posted by Volinder D
                    If you have a two door golf, i can sell you the OEM roof racks for cheap, all you would need to do then is buy the ski attachments. E-mail me at vdhesi@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I'm thinking I'm only gonna use this once, but who knows....so I might just be interested.

I found a place in town that can rent me a roof rack for 30 bucks for 4 days. So that doens't sound half bad.
                    Matt - A3

Comment

sounds decent to me

Comment

just rent one from a member, with some sort of deposit or something, i'm sure you can find someone no problem.
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i know silverstoned (jeff) has one on his gti

Comment

Working...
                          X