Pirelli PZero Nero M&S vs. Continental Conti Extreme Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirelli PZero Nero M&S vs. Continental Conti Extreme Contact

Hi guys. I'm going with one of these tires pretty quick here, after I get Alberta Wheel Repair to clean up my 18s. My brother is running the Contis on his Audi and loves them. The Pirellis are rated the best ultra high performance all season tire on tire rack, though the Contis have a higher snow rating. Price isn't an issue as they both cost $200 each from tunerworks. Does anyone have any personal experience with either on Calgary roads? From what I can see, either will be a huge improvement over the crap Pirelli Supersports I currently have. Cheers.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: Pirelli PZero Nero M&S vs. Continental Conti Extreme Contact

Originally posted by uv23
    Hi guys. I'm going with one of these tires pretty quick here, after I get Alberta Wheel Repair to clean up my 18s. My brother is running the Contis on his Audi and loves them. The Pirellis are rated the best ultra high performance all season tire on tire rack, though the Contis have a higher snow rating. Price isn't an issue as they both cost $200 each from tunerworks. Does anyone have any personal experience with either on Calgary roads? From what I can see, either will be a huge improvement over the crap Pirelli Supersports I currently have. Cheers.
    My dad's had some pzeros (they were z-rated) on his mustang in the past and he loved them, he just couldnt justify the cost when he had to replace them in 8,000km or less!(granted this is a '68mustang with a 351 all done up so its not nice to tires). He's been using shitty firehawk's lately and the difference between the pzero and the current tire is night and day, no tire on the market will keep that car on the road if you decide to floor it, but the pzeros gave an a-class effort.
    Last edited by James; 02-08-2005, 04:56 PM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

No offense to anyone who likes Conti's but they kind of have a reputation for being a touring tire... quiet and soft, nice on the long straight highways drive but definitely not outstanding performance. I would be happier with the Pirell girls uhh I mean tires.

KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yeah I think I'm leaning toward the Pirellis.

Man, it'll be good to not feel like I'm driving a tractor anymore. This past year or two has been boring as ****. And I kinda enjoy the fact that I'm starting over (mostly).
        Yuval
        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
          My dad's had some pzeros (they were z-rated) on his mustang in the past and he loved them, he just couldnt justify the cost when he had to replace them in 8,000km or less!(granted this is a '68mustang with a 351 all done up so its not nice to tires). He's been using shitty firehawk's lately and the difference between the pzero and the current tire is night and day, no tire on the market will keep that car on the road if you decide to floor it, but the pzeros gave an a-class effort.
          are you sure you're not confusing the p-zero nero M&S with the p-zero ROSSO ones? I've had these nero M&S on my brocks for the last couple years and they're an OK tire. nothing spectacular i thought, after all,they're only $200 a tire in 18".

I would buy them again though, because what other 18" tire is in their price range.. the kumho?
          Last edited by Simon; 02-08-2005, 08:24 PM.
          Simon

Comment

No confusion, no.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...jsp?type=UHPAS

Best out of 17 ultra high performance all season tires.
            Yuval
            2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Ya, I might be confusing the rosso and the M&S, is the M&S not a Z-rated tire?
              edit: ya I think im wrong, the nero's on my dads mustang was for sure not all seasons, he wont drive that thing if there's a cloud in the sky, doubt he'd be rippin around in the rain/snow
              Last edited by James; 02-09-2005, 01:46 PM.
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

I have the Pirelli's, they are a good tire, it seems like they flat spot easy, it takes a couple blocks of driving before its smooth again when its cooler outside, they have an excellent treadlife, but also being a little on the noisy side.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Rob. It sounds like the flatspot thing is universal to all of the performance all season tires. I've read about it with the Contis as well. I've sent an email to My Tires to see what kind of price I can get on them. Cheers.
                  Yuval
                  2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Originally posted by uv23
                    Thanks for the feedback Rob. It sounds like the flatspot thing is universal to all of the performance all season tires. I've read about it with the Contis as well. I've sent an email to My Tires to see what kind of price I can get on them. Cheers.
                    Anand at my tires is a good guy and very good prices and I recomend him, buuuuut I might suggest just giving him a call as you'll probably get a quicker response. The number is 560-8938.
                    Jay

Comment

I got mine from Mark at Tunerworks, when I did my shopping for tires last summer they had the best price, I didn't do any online price comparisons tho. Good luck with the tires, What wheels are you going to be using?

Comment

I've decided to refinish my 18" ADR Euroblocks this year and get new rims next year. I'd like to start fresh all at once but that might be a bit irresponsible.
                        Yuval
                        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Here's a pic of my rims.
                          Yuval
                          2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

I have always liked those rims, but I have a suggestion. If you are getting them refinshed get the centres painted black to match your car and get the lips high polished, would look killer on your smooth dark car!!! My thoughts anyways
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I was actually thinking of doing that. Perhaps not pure black, but anthracite (or maybe black...). It was recommended to me that I get them powder-coated rather than painted. I'm not sure if you can just powdercoat a portion of a wheel though and I'll need to find a place locally that does it.
                              Yuval
                              2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Working...
                              X