Wiper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper help

Anyone have suggestions on wipers? Mine work like trash. I replace the VW inserts and they work for a week before streaking again. The only clear spots are the pressure points where the insert is held by the frame. I have a 2000 1.8T. Does anyone know if VW improved these in the later years. I'm about ready to replace the factory units with aftermarket. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Re: Wiper help

Those VW inserts were garbage. VW got new design wiper blade that is non-replaceable unit. The wiper itself got a life-timer sticker indicator once turn ‘yellow’ then you know the wiper is up for replacement.

About $17.00+/- ea.

Comment

Originally posted by B5
      Those VW inserts were garbage. VW got new design wiper blade that is non-replaceable unit. The wiper itself got a life-timer sticker indicator once turn ‘yellow’ then you know the wiper is up for replacement.

About $17.00+/- ea.
      I didn't know that. My replacement inserts work OK on the drivers side but the passenger side is never that great. I may have to cough up for the replacements next time.
      Pat
      Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

My wipers sucked the day I got my Jetta. I should look into this.
        Neil
        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

get the aero wiper kit guys.. i'm gonna buy it this spring.. i imagine simon can maybe even do a GB for us.

Comment

My car is the opposite -- passenger side works great, the driver's side sucks. Mine too needs those inserts, anyone have suggestions what and where to buy? I want those silicone piaa ones but I cannot find them in Calgary!!! (PLus probably even harder to find just the inserts)

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'll look at the non-replacables and let you know how they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                get the aero wiper kit guys.. i'm gonna buy it this spring.. i imagine simon can maybe even do a GB for us.
                I would Ryan, but I don't think wipers are worth the $170 or whatever they are going for.
                Neil
                '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

thats true.. but then again hey i'm running out of mods to do

Comment

Just buy the spineless ones (aerofoil?) from crappy tire. They are about $20 each. The wife has them on her car and they work great.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                      Just buy the spineless ones (aerofoil?) from crappy tire. They are about $20 each. The wife has them on her car and they work great.
                      Yea, I've been thinking about trying those, they look just like the aero ones but are like 1/5th the price.
                      Jay

Comment

i have the aero wiper on the passenger side for now, and i'm not all that happy with it. :(
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                        X