DnF Motors Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DnF Motors Q&A

I just left WOW and signed up as an official member of Newveedub. Nice setup you have there at the show. I also paid for some advertising in the forum. I want people to get to know us so I thought I would post a Q&A. So let'er rip, if there are any questions you would like to ask us feel free!
    Last edited by VAG_Tech; 02-20-2005, 05:14 PM.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Official DnF Motors Q&A

Okay then, I'll start off the questions. Do you have the facilities to do exhaust installs? I'm considering a turboback exhaust purchase this year, downpipe and cat back. I was wondering how much it might cost to do the install. Cheers.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Im wondering what kinds of work you have done in the past as well, do you mostly install factory parts, or bolt on parts? Or do you also do fabrication?
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

How about a small price list with the common jobs, ie: timing belt, clutch, suspension.....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Big garage? multiple hoists? where are you located? Past experience?
          1.8T
          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Re: DnF Motors Q&A

Originally posted by uv23
            Okay then, I'll start off the questions. Do you have the facilities to do exhaust installs? I'm considering a turboback exhaust purchase this year, downpipe and cat back. I was wondering how much it might cost to do the install. Cheers.
            I can install exhausts. If it's a simple bolt on. I can't do custom work due to the lack of pipebending abillity I have. The labour time for a full catback will vary depends on the vehicle. I wouldn't say more than 2.0h.

Thanks for your question.

Originally posted by Kor
            Im wondering what kinds of work you have done in the past as well, do you mostly install factory parts, or bolt on parts? Or do you also do fabrication?
            I have done Head gaskets , timing belts, cam installs, drivability, Brake work, Clutches and CELs. That’s since I have opened DnF. I don’t do fabrication do to the fact I haven’t had too much call for it. I’m mostly bolt on. I really don’t have the facilities for any fabrication work.

Thanks for your questions.

Originally posted by TurboMedic
            How about a small price list with the common jobs, ie: timing belt, clutch, suspension.....
            I’m working on a menu price list. What years and models should I include?

Originally posted by Flanders
            Big garage? multiple hoists? where are you located? Past experience?
            I currently work out of a large two car garage in the S.E. (Southland and Blackfoot) area. I have 2years small import shop experience (From when I started the trade) and 10 years+ VW Dealer experience. We are not specialized at the dealer so my hands are in everything.

Last edited by VAG_Tech; 02-21-2005, 01:03 PM.

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

don't mean to pry but are there plans to open up a shop? Or wait and see how things go?

for the small shops!
              Last edited by Flanders; 02-21-2005, 06:50 PM.
              1.8T
              Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanders
                don't mean to pry but are there plans to open up a shop? Or wait and see how things go?

for the small shops!
                I'm waiting for the spring thaw so I can gauge my business. I can't wait! I will then decide to open a bigger shop or just stay ghetto. I don't mind staying ghetto cause my labour rates will stay low. There are a lot of things I can do without a hoist. Even if I need a hoist I can rent one at UFix! I want to keep my rates low and keep up with the current technical training from VW. My dealer doesn't care that I work on the side as long as I don't solicit customers from work. I don't, I get all my business from helping out great clubs like this one!

You dig sucka?!

Comment

hehe exactly.. its not like i'm gonna ask a dealer here to install a big turbo kit into my car

Comment

How about the infamous intake manifold cleaning/clogging/sludge on Mk IV TDI's? Are you up for checking/cleaning this common problem that VW doesn't like to acknowledge and some dealers are charging an arm and a leg for?

Comment

Well it was nice to meet you Dave on the weekend, thanks for signing up and the advertising, we will get the banner up quickly. Are you willing to do simple services like oil changes, for us older guys who dont go to the dealers??
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Stampfan
                        How about the infamous intake manifold cleaning/clogging/sludge on Mk IV TDI's? Are you up for checking/cleaning this common problem that VW doesn't like to acknowledge and some dealers are charging an arm and a leg for?
                        Oh Yeh! I dont't mind doing that dirty job. PM me for a quote.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                          Well it was nice to meet you Dave on the weekend, thanks for signing up and the advertising, we will get the banner up quickly. Are you willing to do simple services like oil changes, for us older guys who dont go to the dealers??
                          It was nice meeting you and Simon too. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat. My kids can be quite a handfull at times. Anyways, I don't mind doing the odd oil change. I really don't have any prices right now for quick services and such. I'm busy all week. I just got back from Vancouver. Jetta 5 tech training. MAN THAT CAR IS KILLER!

You dig sucka?!

Comment

yea killer ugli although yea the technology seems right

Comment

Since you work at a dealer, are you able to get discounts on OEM parts?
                              And are you able to get other mechanical parts?
                              (looking for NGK PFR7B's.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X