Remembering the first days of the MKIV club here in Calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering the first days of the MKIV club here in Calgary

Seeing Yuval (uv23) on here reminded me of the days when him and I started the first unofficial club of MKIV's. Back then, uv23 and I were probably the first modded MKIV's in Calgary (I can't prove that for sure)

I'm gonna try to dig out some old photos if I can find some (if anyone has them please post them.

I imported alot of my stuff from the US, ie. Oettinger front chin, and a whack load of other stuff.

I did have my car in the World of wheels back in 2002. Right after that, I was offered quite a lot of cash for the car in it's modded form, so I sold it.

Built the GTI (Rieger, brocks, etc. etc.), sold everything cheap to simon.

All in all, I have owned 1 Jetta III
    3 Jetta IV's (2.0, 12 V VR6, 24 V VR6)
    1 GTI IV (1.8T)
    2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Re: Remembering the first days of the MKIV club here in Calgary

Yuval,

We should post pics of the first ever MKIV gtg at Westhills that we organized.
    2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

i've been a member of nvd since april of 03 i came to a meet the first week i owned my car lol

Comment

http://www.nexus-point.net/cars/nvd-april-22-03/

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

haha yea geoff! that was my very first meet

mmmmmmm mmmmm stock!

Comment

Originally posted by Volinder D
            Yuval,

We should post pics of the first ever MKIV gtg at Westhills that we organized.
            Hey Wally,
            I remember that Westhills GTG!! I was there with my Black GLX jetta!! Man that seems like a long time ago! Wally are you still in the scene at all? You had the nicest done up cars!!
            Cheers
            Derek
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH
              Hey Wally,
              I remember that Westhills GTG!! I was there with my Black GLX jetta!! Man that seems like a long time ago! Wally are you still in the scene at all? You had the nicest done up cars!!
              Cheers
              Derek

Wow, i kinda miss my old GTI!!

Hey Derek,

I'm into the scene, however only from an observer's stand point. Buying furniture for the house, as well as being prepared for our first child (due June 29th) has taken priority. It's not easy asking the wife for 3 piece polished 19" rims over the baby's nursery ;-) .

But I frequent NVD probably every day. I'm definately not done with vw's, i'm hoping to get the next gen passat this or next year, and hopefully I can mod that.

Time will tell.
              2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Yah I remember Volinders Oettinger jetta from world of wheels 3 years ago, that thing was the kitties titties for sure. I loved it! Back then I was in CVD and I met Vol when he came in from Saskatoon for a meet or something, and there were only a few mk4's, myself, blair, len, yuval and ari. jeez, that woulda been the fall of 2001.
                Simon

Comment

Yep it's been a loooong time. We're all getting old and creaky. Volly, I have no pics I'm afraid.
                  Yuval
                  2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Volly, bring back the purple MK3 jetta....loved that car man I was a kid back when you had that thing hahaa
                    Did you roll the brocks in saskatoon?? These roads are scary as hell, not sure how the hell I am going to manage 19's on these pothole filled streets (I think 3rd world countries have better streets than this town/city does....)
                    - Navdeep
                    Last edited by nismodrifter; 02-21-2005, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Nav,

You'll be fine, I rocked 5 different sets of rims in saskatoon, and the only time I finally bent one was here in calgary.
                      2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Working...
                      X