X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil Change Tomorrow - Need Advice

Originally posted by Billip
    Yeah, thanks Dave!

Quick question for you: I got my oil change done there yesterday... but I checked the level and it's pretty high. You know on the dipstick where there is the checkered part... it's my understanding that the oil isn't supposed to go above the top of the checkered part... well the oil is above the bend in the stick... which is well above the checkered part.

Is this bad? I know the oil cap says not to overfill or you could screw up your cat. Did they overfill my oil?
    It's pretty bad if a dealer can't do an oil change right... Next time ask for or come to me. Bring it back! they will fix it.
    Last edited by VAG_Tech; 02-25-2005, 04:07 PM.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Comment

dude don't get me started on that! i had NL put in 5w50 last fall in my car! i complained and they basically said whatever.. i phoned SC and 5th and they said no way in hell thats for W8s so i phoned back NL and spoke with the manager.. they wanted me to bring my car back that day to fix it.. okay thats cool but thats honestly a waste of my time and theirs.. so now i have 1 free oil change to 5w40 in the spring and i also got some free vw swag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        dude don't get me started on that!
        I'm washing my hands of this. I don't own SC and I didn't do the oil change. So why am I concerned. Next time come see me.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          dude don't get me started on that! i had NL put in 5w50 last fall in my car! i complained and they basically said whatever.. i phoned SC and 5th and they said no way in hell thats for W8s so i phoned back NL and spoke with the manager.. they wanted me to bring my car back that day to fix it.. okay thats cool but thats honestly a waste of my time and theirs.. so now i have 1 free oil change to 5w40 in the spring and i also got some free vw swag.

Ain't nothin wrong with 5w50.....Its working so well, I'll change it all the time now with that....
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
          X