CF engine cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF engine cover?

This looks like a good deal: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1850427

Following up on my comments about sprucing up my engine bay for shows, what do y'all think?
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Re: CF engine cover?

Looks good to me go for it!!!! Get that car all modded up!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I emailed him to see if the free shipping also applies to Canada. If so, I'm going to pick one up. Woot!
      Yuval
      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

It's cool I like it.
        Jay

Comment

yea hit it up.. i like the CF covers but since i have my hot ass painted one i'll stick with it

Comment

Just oredered it. Shipping was an extra $30 to Canuckland but it's still over $100 cheaper than the last joint I saw selling this on the vortex. Does anyone have suggestions for other cosmetic engine bay mods? Like billet oil filler caps, pretty wires, and all that crap? It's all for the team and points at future shows!

I'm sure I'll regret this in the morning... bills shmills.
            Yuval
            2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

you can add a useless strut bar.. polish your manifold like mine.. add some neuspeed or forge caps (like me).. and buy some of that fancy vacuum hose that brent has if you like

Comment

I'm going to check out the ABD racing and Neuspeed site for those billet caps. Any suggestions on where else to find them for a good price? Wonder if I can find them in Canada so I can stop getting reamed on shipping/customs...
                Yuval
                2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Well I canceled my order. I found out it didn't include the lower portion in front of the manifold and I don't want half CF/half plastic. I'll spend the coin on some fancy billet instead. I found a bunch of caps on Neuspeed's site but the price really adds up and they all have ugly Neuspeed logos on them.

Yuval, the fickle...
                  Yuval
                  2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Originally posted by uv23
                    Well I canceled my order. I found out it didn't include the lower portion in front of the manifold and I don't want half CF/half plastic. I'll spend the coin on some fancy billet instead. I found a bunch of caps on Neuspeed's site but the price really adds up and they all have ugly Neuspeed logos on them.

Yuval, the fickle...
                    You could just take the front part off.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yeah I would still go for it and take the othe part off. I think the Forge caps are nicer than Neuspeeds.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

yea i like my forge i wish they didn't say forge i kinda hate advertising crappy part was they are 50/piece.. kinda a rip off imo

Comment

50/each doesn't seem bad. The Neuspeed ones are like 60-70 US each! I'll stick with the stock engine cover for now, maybe just see if I can find some killer cleanser that will cut through the oil overflow.
                          Last edited by uv23; 02-24-2005, 06:18 PM.
                          Yuval
                          2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

do you guys paint the covers yourselfs?

Comment

yes

Comment

Working...
                              X