Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying an 01 Jetta GLS

Hello,

I am looking into buying a new to me 01 Jetta GLS 1.8T.

I was wondering what people thought of theirs and if they have had any major problems.

I have been checking out the site and there are some sweet looking rides out there.

Thanks for your help

Tank

Re: Thinking about buying an 01 Jetta GLS

Which year was it that the 1.8Ts changed from 150 hp to 180 hp? I'm still half asleep so can't remember. In your position, I'd makesure i got the 180hp version, which right now I'm thinking was intro'd in 2002.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

yes 02

Comment

I've got an '01 (150hp version) 1.8T and love it. It's had a few problems, but all taken care of under warrantee.

If you picked one up now, I'm sure these issues have long since been fixed.

Great car! Decent mileage, decent power (much more fun when chipped ) and I'd definitely buy another one.
        1.8T
        Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

I've got an '01 Jetta Wolfsburg and I absolutely love it. All the recall issues were taken care of by the previous owner, so I'm not anticipating any major problems any time soon (knock on wood). I've only had the car for three weeks or so, but man . . . it's great. If only it had the 180 hp engine that was intro'd in 02 (i think). However, that being said, the 150 hp engine has a lot of usable, real-world power down fairly low in the rev range and good mid range too . . . easy to mod from what I've read.

Get a Wolfsburg if you can . . . the stiffer suspension and sport seats make the car oodles of fun to throw around a bit.

Comment

If you chip it, your 01 is pretty much the same as a chipped 02+.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
            X