Jetta E-code Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetta E-code Installation

Has any done this mod? Looking for some weekend help installing them.

Thanks
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: Jetta E-code Installation

you have to remove the front bumper.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
      you have to remove the front bumper.
      Its pretty tricky, I don't have time to help ya this weekend, but yeah you do need to remove the bumper and several other items from the car!
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

http://www.abella.net/vw/ecodes.html

this is the DIY i used, if you have any questions let me know, its fairly simple
        Marcel
        2001 Jetta 1.8t

Comment

Wait guys, I think Russell has a Mk3 it's quite a bit different.....am I right or am i on crack??
          Jay

Comment

Yes I think he has an MK3 so you have to options, either get a Euro rad support or hack and mod yours. If you are wanting to hack and mode your I highly recomend getting C1 to do it as they have done lots (including mine) and I hear it is a big pain to do on your own.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
              Yes I think he has an MK3 so you have to options, either get a Euro rad support or hack and mod yours. If you are wanting to hack and mode your I highly recomend getting C1 to do it as they have done lots (including mine) and I hear it is a big pain to do on your own.
              In addition, there are brackets available that allow you to put E-codes on NA Rad supports but i'm not sure where to get them other than Cullen on Vortex (Mine are going to come with them), i'm not sure if he sells them seperately or not. I like the Euro Rad support idea personally, I may still do it even though my E-codes come with brackets, but it will cost a little more. I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the rad support on a VR6 but on my little 1.8 it was soooooo easy. I would find out from concept 1 how much they'd charge to mod the rad and compare to getting a euro support. One down fall to modding the NA rad is you can't put NA lights back in (I don't think) but finding a NA support after the fact may not be that hard to find.
              Jay

Comment

I think I paid less to mod my support then to purchase a euro one, and who ever wants to go back to NA lights anyway.....
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X