Finally found the RIGHT DV for my GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found the RIGHT DV for my GTI

After months and months of testing and trying various DV valves I believe I found the ultimate one..

After driving Forge (with the blue piston) for about 2 years I found myself surging badly above 4000rpms at full throttle.
    Next came the upgrade piston (metal) that was sent with the Forge upgrade kit.
    The new piston newer solved anything and I had to look for other alternatives.
    Purchased Porsche 944 valve which marginally improved but newer really held boost .
    Then came AUDI TT 225hp DV which has lasted about a month or so and leaked on/off depending on the driving conditions.
    After that, I have tried a used Baileys which was essentially doing the same thing as my used Forge.

and now...the new Hyperboost has finally solved my troubles...Judging by the initial feeling (only a week or so) this DV feels much much better than any other I have tried.. It leaks no Boost under any circumstances and it responds instantly. I can actually feel the difference as my GTI is a totally different car now.

It is expensive though $139 USD plus shipping.

Given all the valves I have tried I am naturally skeptical and expect to use it for a few months before I will be able to tell if this one is durable

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GTI 1.8T APR (with Upgrade Interface),Hyberboost,Eibach Pro Kit,ABD rear sway

i'll post my review of the GoFastBits DV as soon as I get it...

Comment

I'm interested to hear how the GFB is sean!
      "I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

So I installed the GFB. This thing is wicked quiet. i got the full plumbback version. I am in love with this thing. Car just seems to drive better. Can't put a finger on it yet but I love it.

Dead quiet. I love it.

Comment

My Hyperboost is still going strong.. After this time my AudiTT started leaking
          Sean, how much did You pay for your GFB??

Comment

$230 CDN at my door. One thing I notic is that the spring seems too strong but may be it is just in my head... I'm going to adjust the spring pressure up and down till I get a cool feel for things...

I'd like to log some data as to how quickly the boost is released after the TB closes... this would definately indicate an excellent DV vs. a POS.

Comment

seems like the GFB at its current factory postion is holding 2 pounds less than the AudiTT valve I replaced it with! argh... time to fiddle

Comment

Sean..
                My Audi TT spring it very stiff as well however it doesn't hold boost the same as my Hyperboost..
                The Hyperboost spring is definitely not quite as stiff yet it works far better..
                The spring rate is not as important as the seals,,,I think
                We should swap the valves and see how it performs on each others cars

Comment

not a bad idea!

I've got the valve to hold the same boost as the TT valve... but I'd like to try out the hyperboost...

Comment

Could someone please explain to me the actual function of the DV (diverter valve?)...?

I'm a little lost...

Thanks,
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Ian
                    '06 Jetta TDI - Shadow Blue - my demo
                    '06 Jetta 2.5 - Platinum Grey - Mom's Car
                    '03 Jetta 1.8T - Reflex Silver - SOLD
                    '99 Golf 2.0 - Black - SOLD
                    '93 Jetta 2.0 - Black - Dad's Car
                    '92 Jetta 1.8 - Grey - Sister's Car
                    '90 Jetta 1.8 - White - FOR SALE
                    '90 Jetta 2-Door - Black - soon!