2002 1.8T vs. 97 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 1.8T vs. 97 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

I have a completely stock 2002 1.8T (which Sean tells me runs very strong compared to some other stock 1.8T's). My buddy has the Talon which is an automatic. We believe he is running way to rich as his fuel economy sucks. Anyway, back to the story. I was behind him at a light just turing onto Crowchild. As we get around the corner he punches it and I follow. I was on his tail until the start of 3rd gear when I went around him. I wasn't sure if he was actually trying so I was not at full throttle. I actually passed him very easily. When we stopped at the pub, he was very sad as he said he had it pegged. I told him to get his car tuned properly and we would go again. I don't think I should have been able to pass him that easily. Sorry for the long post.

PS. I may be getting Up'ed sometime in the near future.

umm i can get you upsolute $450 installed. email me if you're interested. bart@shaw.ca
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

If is was a TSi AWD auto, there's no problem there. they are heavy and slow. 180hp VW should give a 5spd TSi AWD a run for it's money.
      "I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

He should beat you off the launch, but after that (second gear) you should own him [HAHA]
        AKA, Cale262
        IS38 MK7 GTI
        MK3 TT RS

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Brian Cale:
          He should beat you off the launch, but after that (second gear) you should own him [HAHA]

Unless your buddy doesn't know about 6500 rpm throttle blips and the clutch-side-step. If you do it wrong, those DSM's are pigs off the line because you get such huge bog.
          "I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

Working...
          X