Window tint....where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window tint....where to go?

As the topic reads, I'm just wondering where in Calgary is a good place and good price to get this done?

thanks again guys
    Kent

Re: Window tint....where to go?

I have had really good luck with 3M trimline in the N.E. They did really nice work and the tint stayed black. It did not turn that purpley color (when looking out from the inside) after time . I think the tint I got was called Panther Black. it was 200 bucks for 5 windows. A little more pricey than other places, but still reasonable.

I have also tried tintmasters (i tink it was called) 17th ave and about 35th st S.E. They were fairly cheap but the tint went purpley over time.

good luck.

Comment

hey.. i work for fifth ave , and i too just got my windows tinted... it only set me back about $150 for 3 full windows and the little corner windows in the back... and since this guy only does VW's hes super good... pm me if you want his contact #

Comment

supertint in the N.E did mine and did an awsome job

Comment

I think it was icon who made some mistakes on Boy Racer's windows, and they knew he was going to be in a car show
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I've had mine done by the same guy as Daelen Nekuda. Awesome job!

Originally posted by Daelen Nekuda
            hey.. i work for fifth ave , and i too just got my windows tinted... it only set me back about $150 for 3 full windows and the little corner windows in the back... and since this guy only does VW's hes super good... pm me if you want his contact #

Comment

Had mine done at Mr. Detail on Macloud trail. Like 200$ for all 7 windows. Although my friends cousin owns it. Just say Zee referenced u and u should get a deal. If not be around 250 for all 7 windows.
              Kenny

Comment

Shadow Tinting is really good. Plus they actually remove the windows to tint. (most places don't)

http://www.shadowtinting.com/com_pro.html
                Last edited by ahoopla; 05-15-2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahoopla
                  they actually remove the windows to tint. (most places don't)

Thats because you shouldn't need to remove the windows for tinting if you know what you are doing.

Comment

right you don't need to, but the tint job is so much better when the window is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by ahoopla
                      right you don't need to, but the tint job is so much better when the window is removed.

no it's not

Comment

Originally posted by vaggod
                        no it's not
                        ok bud.

from personal experience i can say without a doubt that shadow did a much better job (could barely even tell there was aftermarket tint on the window, ie. tint right to the top of the window) than (unnamed but major cgy) tint company did.

anyway, you're not backing up you're claims with any substance so this really is a pointless discussion.

Comment

Ok then well you do not need to take out a window to get the tint right to the edge. It is all in the skill of the installer. I would never take out a window to put tint on not only because it is not needed but because to take out a window you need to take off all the door panels and remove the windows. Then you have to remove the windows from the regulator. Now not only would that take several hours to re and re but you now have the potenial for all sorts of fitment and rattle problems. I would bet that unless you saw your car there without the windows in it that they didn't take them out. To do that would make the tint job upwards of $500.

Now as for experience I work for a company that does all the tint,decals and rockguard for the hyatt group and more in the city. So I do know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Ahem

edit: NIck did my windows and they look great. my passenger window fell into the door and its still lookin fresh
                            Last edited by James; 05-17-2005, 09:39 AM.
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

^ werd. I have had a few cars tinited by Nick's co.

Present
                              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                              2003 VW Jetta GLI
                              1992 VW Jetta GL
                              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Working...
                              X