springs . . . BOING!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springs . . . BOING!!!!

I've got a crack at some cheap H&R springs and I need some opinions. Given that I have a Wolfsburg and the stock shocks and struts are 7% stiffer than stock (same as the GTI), how important is it to upgrade them along with the springs? My head says to do it all, but my wallet says to just get the springs for now . . . and the wallet usually wins.

Re: springs . . . BOING!!!!

7% stiffer? hahaha
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

I had H&R race springs on my A4 2.8 with sport shocks, and they gave way about 1.5 years later...If you have the cash do it all at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi
        I had H&R race springs on my A4 2.8 with sport shocks, and they gave way about 1.5 years later...If you have the cash do it all at the same time
        HMMMM . . . maybe I should just wait and pick up a proper kit down the road. I was hoping to be lowered and chipped this summer, but such is life, eh?

Comment

Ride quality = shi!t when you change springs but not shocks. I did it, and it lasted about a month before I couldn't take it anymore.

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I did this on my BMW a few years back, and it was pretty good for a while. After about a year the shocks start to show signs of wear though, and the ride becomes very "floaty" (for lack of a better word). A lot of it depends on how low the springs will take your car as well.
            Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

OK, I've been talked out of it. I'll just save my beans and do it right.

Comment

I know Simon has a good deal on kits, and it saves the labour cost of having to do the entire process twice over (once for springs, once for shocks).
                Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Working...
                X