Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

No one has looked at this from the other post so here it is again!

Now I got home last night and locked the door on the passenger side, as I still need to pick up some parts for the door. Came out this morning and now the passenger side lock would not unlock all the doors! (just its side) Would this be because I removed the parts [21-24] on the drivers side door?

Also when I went to lock the door after I got into work (parked in the bottom of my building today) I must have done it in the wrong order as my alarm is going crazy (left a door open, something like that)!! I had to take the battery off to shut it up, how can I deactivate the alarm?

Update: I seem to have the car ready to go again! I am not going to lock the doors as I don’t want to have to go through this all over again. Things that I have noticed are:

1) When I look at the gauges nothing is on when the key is not in the car. You know how it shows mileage and stuff like that when the car is locked and just sitting there… well that is not even on right now. But the car turns over and runs when I turn it on. Any ideas?
    2)The trunk light is light up when I turn the car on. It says that my trunk is open and I have closed it a few times now. Could this be my problem with the alarm?
    3)Pump does not seem to be working on any of the doors… any idea, remove the door panels? Anyone want to help me with this today?

I love my car, but she is pissing me off right now...
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: Help!

Originally posted by RussellB
    No one has looked at this from the other post so here it is again!
    You can do that?
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Originally posted by j'aime ta femme
      You can do that?
      well given the current situation the car was in and trying to avoid and nice big towing cost to Future Shop, then to NL as my car would not move I felt that the moderators would show some compassion as I am trying to get an answer so I can save my money and go to school this fall rather then spending it on a tow across the city… sorry if I am “spamming” the forum, but any insight into my current problem would be great
      Last edited by Russell; 06-10-2005, 11:12 AM.
      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

I got nuthin'. I think you might be looking at a dealership visit. :(

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

yeah she could be heading that way.... anyone know where to pump for the door lock is?

I also have been thinking about the whole trunk thing, when I opened the doors to go to work I used the console button and it seemed to work (opened all the doors) would that also unlock the trunk?? Could this be setting the alarm off? But I have opened and closed the trunk like 5 times, seem funny that all this **** would go at one time.

Thanks for the reply!
          Last edited by Russell; 06-10-2005, 11:53 AM.
          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

well given the current situation the car was in and trying to avoid and nice big towing cost to Future Shop, then to NL as my car would not move I felt that the moderators would show some compassion as I am trying to get an answer so I can save my money and go to school this fall rather then spending it on a tow across the city… sorry if I am “spamming” the forum, but any insight into my current problem would be great
            Well I didnt mean that to sound like a dick, but just sayin..bumping up your odl thread would do the same thing. Where are you going to school tho? I thought it was LCC in which case the towing bill WOULD be pretty close to tuition haha.

and I agree, it sounds like a dealership visit to me (granted Im no mechanic haha)
            -james

Comment

thought it was LCC
              LCC ?? what is that?

Lethbridge Community College??
              Last edited by Russell; 06-10-2005, 12:14 PM.
              2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Lethbridge Community College??

.....Where TF is the Thumbs Up smily, Blair?! haha
                -james

Comment

.....Where TF is the Thumbs Up smily, Blair?! haha
                  Actually I am attending the University of Calgary for a double degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
                  2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Actually I am attending the University of Calgary for a double degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
                    While in the engineering building, take a look at the awards walls for FLANDERS
                    1.8T
                    Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

On topic

that is my pump for the locks right?
                      Last edited by Russell; 06-10-2005, 02:05 PM.
                      2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

key is in the car, in the on position... mileage is not lighting up... I can turn the air on, lights and all that good stuff.

Any ideas
                        2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

as you can see from the picture of the pump there are wires coming into the pump... could the pump not be working because of the whole power thing??

When I trun the car on it shows my trunk is open, could this be because the pump is not working??
                          2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Hey Russell I am not really sure what is going on but I would guess something is up with the power, maybe check fuses? Hope you get it figured out, mk3 door locks are a strange breed, mine had and interesting cold weather issue.
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The guy at Montgomery is a DINK! I am starting to think that it is that pump as it does not seem to be working... Called Calgary NL and they told me $527 for the pump so I phoned Montgomery and they got them for $175... seemed good but I ask if I could even see if the pump was the problem before dealing out $175 for a part that I may not even need... “NOPE!”... even gave him the poor student story… where are peoples compassion ?
                              2001.5 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                              X