Disabling DRL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling DRL's

Anyone know of a way I can do this with my VAG-COM software. I've looked but didn't see anything that I thought would work. I've been using the black electrical tape on the headlights switch but I'm getting tired of putting new tape on every couple of months.
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: Disabling DRL's

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
    Anyone know of a way I can do this with my VAG-COM software. I've looked but didn't see anything that I thought would work. I've been using the black electrical tape on the headlights switch but I'm getting tired of putting new tape on every couple of months.
    euro switch or you could pull your ebrake up the the first clicking thing

Comment

The problem with pulling the ebrake up is that the car makes a audible tone to make you aware that the ebrake is on.
      Bryce

APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

search vortex there is 1 pin on the light switch you simply bend down its hella easy

Comment

I've been covering that pin with electrical tape, but I was wondering if I could do it through my computer so that it would be permanent , but it looks like I'll either keep covering it with tape or get the dealership to do it next time I'm in.
          Bryce

Comment

Just bend the pin, I had done it for like a year, and now reversed it, it was fine.
            Nick
            There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

i don't think you can disable it with the vag bryce.. just bend the pin like nick said.. easy to reverse no harm done..

Comment

bend 1 pin (its marked TRL i think) down, took all of 30seconds (did it a couple weeks ago)...if you're afraid to break the pin you can always use electrical tape and tape over the pin. That works but looks like it would be a biatch to get the tape over that
                REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                -james

Comment

Working...
                X